Chapter 62: And All Hope Seems Lost

Rosalyn's POV

"Rose..." Morgan clasped my hands in his as his voice shook.

"Morgan... what? You can't be here!"

"Rose, listen to me, stop fighting for your friends. They don't deserve you."

"Morgan, what are you even saying?"

"Ah. There's my boy." Nathaniel's voice echoed in my ears, as Morgan smiled at him, walking to our opposite side.

"What...? No... What is happening? Morgan, are you...?"

"I'm the Salem witch, Rose." He said proudly, as I felt betrayed, by my own friend.

"How could you...?"

"Dii te prodis." Genevieve cast a spell on Morgan as a bloody slash appeared on his exposed hand. He didn't wince. In a few seconds, I witnessed the most horrifying sight in my life. His injured skin knit back together as the flow of blood stopped.

"How...?" Genevieve stared at his healed hand.

"This can't be..."

He turned to look at my friends. "1053 A.D. in this very village..."

"You... oh no..."

"You freed him!"

"You went against all of us!"

"... What is happening?" I said.

Morgan turned to look at me. "The Blackwoods must have mentioned about the time when they decided to defeat Nathaniel at his own game? In the village of Sangria, with the help of the Blood Rue?"

Remembrance dawned on me as Aurora's words repeated themselves in my head. "You are the founder of the Salem Bloodline, and the blood attuned witch who helped us..."

"I am indeed!"

"But why?"

"I was born to a witch family. My mother died during childbirth, and my father, died a month later. Everyone in Sangria said that I was cursed, that... that I would bring ill luck to wherever I would go. The people who adopted me, only looked down upon me. They were nothing less compared to the petty villagers. On the other hand, I envied the Blackwoods. They had a father who wanted to make them powerful, and strong! I never had someone by my side. So one day, when you decided to kill him, I brought myself to the fact that how much I needed someone as powerful like him, and so, I took the right decision for myself."

"But how are you a vampire?"

"Nathaniel fulfilled my wish of turning into an immortal like him, but I never loved someone in my life. There was no one that I could feed upon! But before that could happen, I bound myself to the power of this ring. It became my totem. The ancestors withdrew themselves from me. I could no longer generate magic of my own, but this ring, it allowed me to absorb its magic. I have immortal vampire blood inside me and the powers of a witch. I have all your strengths and none of your weaknesses. Sunlight doesn't harm me, I am unaffected by vampiric poisons. I am an immortal warlock. I cannot be killed!" He let out a devilish laughter, that shook me to the core. "I turned other witches, bound them to the magic of this ring, making them as cursed as I was, but they couldn't even imagine the blessing that I had given them. I opened a new portal to the Other Side!"

"It had been you the whole time..."

"I have been indeed. I killed Kristen. I mixed Ephedra in Stella's soup, and I killed your aunt!"

"No!" I broke into tears as I felt to my knees.

"Let me show you how I took away her life, slowly, and painfully..." Dark swirls appeared on his palms, which darkened further, until they were pitch black. He brought his palms together, creating a mass of swirling magic, before launching it at me! I was knocked down to the ground, before sinking into a void.