Chapter 8: To the Lioness's Den

Rosalyn's POV

An hour before Stella's party was supposed to start, I finished up my look and texted Amber.

"Hi. So I got invited to a friend's
party tonight. Can I go??
Plz plz plz plz
plz????😕😕"

A few minutes later, a reply shot up.

"On a school night? ... Fine.
Anyways, I don wanna be that
crappy elder that doesn't let
anyone to go out and party
on a school night. Just remember to keep your powers to yrself."

"Promise!"

"Ok, then enjoy!🤘🤘"

I switched my phone off and placed it in my bag before hearing a honk outside. Opening the front door, I noticed a sleek black car on the front porch with its headlights turned on. Closing the door behind me, I approached the car. The driver's window rolled down to reveal Morgan, with Kristen sitting beside him.

"Rose you look beautiful!" Kristen smiled.

"Yeah, you look stunning," Morgan followed, a slight twinkle in his auburn eyes.

"Thank you," I replied, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Hop in," Morgan suggested, motioning at the backseat. Opened the car door, I climbed inside before we headed to the location.

_____________

A fifteen minute ride later, we finally reached Stella's house. The mansion was decorated with cool, neon lights with the statue of the Greek goddess, Hera between the mesmerizing tulips and violets, facing down on the three of us. Parking the car at a suitable spot, we walked into the venue.

The situation inside was no different. The crowd bustled loudly, students laughing and drinking, a few of them laid curled up on the couches, gossiping about things that I didn't care about, not then at least.

"So you dared to show up, huh?" Turning around, I spotted Stella behind us, arms crossed against her chest with a smug scowl on her face. She was dressed in a flaming red attire, just like the of rage bubbling inside her. "I believe everyone was supposed to bring a date with them, and since Morgan can't have two dates, unless he's way too lucky, tell me, which one of you has come without one?"

I looked around me but Vincent was not to be found anywhere. Kristen glanced at me before I nodded at her slightly, knowing there was no way out. "Morgan is Kristen's date. My date hasn't--"

"Rose," a familiar voice called out my name. Glancing to my left, I noticed Vincent approach me from the entrance. "Sorry for the delay," he apologized, slipping a hand around my waist, "she is with me."

"I see you got the elder brother... Alright, at the very least, you're going by the rules. Enjoy the night!" She exclaimed before turning on her heel and walking away. Once she was gone, Vincent loosened his grip from my waist and walked away without a word. "What is wrong with him?" I asked as Kristen shrugged dismissively.

"I'm gonna get myself a drink," Morgan mentioned before leaving for the bar.

"So is it just--"