Chapter 14

A/N

I had to update even though I said I'll be waiting for 3 votes and 3 comments from the previous chapter but I couldn't open my other story that I was supposed to continue writing so here goes. I'll write this instead.

****

[NOAH]

"You did this before right? You can do it again."

"Shut up!" I clenched my jaws after realizing I said it out loud. The voice in my head only got louder as it chuckled sinisterly, echoing over and over again, causing the inside of my head to throb.

My eyes narrowed while my hands tugged a fistful of my hair in frustration. I was puffing for air as if oxygen was slowly being clogged from entering my lungs.

I was standing behind the bleachers at the back of the school building, peeking at the cheerleaders as they wrap up their practice in the school oval, while hiding my presence at the same time.

The sun had already set, and the sky became painted in grayish as it prepares itself for night time.

My eyes landed on one person. The sole reason why I came back here instead of staying at home with Jenny.

Jenny.

I let out a grunt, at my self mostly, because of what happened at the cafeteria earlier. She fell to the floor and I saw how one curly haired girl stuck out her ankle, tripping Jenny on purpose. I didn't do anything, nor helped her.

I just froze back there. My eyes stabbing the curly haired girl mentally.

Mentally. Ha! Not for long.

"I said shut the fuck up!" I hissed with gritted teeth while hitting my temple with my balled fist.

"What was her name again? Grace? Amiright?"

I ignored the voice cackling like a maniac inside my head, squeezing my eyes close.

I remained standing, waiting and peeking at the cheerleaders that's now huddled into a circle in front of a female adult sitting on a bench. Glimpsing at the whistle hung around her neck, I could tell she was their coach.

Moments later, they bid farewell and each gone to separate ways the moment they got out of the school.

The next thing I knew, Grace was left all alone outside the school. She began to walk along the pathway, her phone in her hands.

It was already dark and the light from the lampposts were the only thing lightening the path. Oh plus the half moon with its dim-ish beacon as well.

"Just do it already! You're making me impatient!"

"Yeah yeah," I muffled only to my head.

I fastened my pace behind her and purposely bumped our shoulders.

She slightly moved her head behind, her lips  parting, and a squeaky gasp came out.

"Sorry," I sniggered fakely.

Her eyebrow raised as she eyed me dubiously. But then her bafflement quickly changed into a flirty smile.

"Disgusting."

Tell me about it. I replied to the voice, resisting myself to pull off a disdained face.

"It's oka-- Hey! You're that new guy right?" She said with a smile. "You were with Jenny."

I smirked a fake one, not leaving my eyes on her.

"You know, you shouldn't be hanging around with that ugly loser," she grinned. "I'm Grace," she added extending her hand towards me.