Chapter 47

A/N Thank you for all your reads! Feel free to follow me too if you want  ^^
P.S this chapter has a little time skip.

****

[JENNY]

"Don't forget. You have a session with your therapist after school," I reminded Noah as we walked along the steps leading to the school building's entrance. Noah nodded his head but obviously not really caring with what I just said.

As we got in, the hallways were filled with noises. I couldn't help but notice people huddled in groups within every corners of the corridors. Majority had their eyes glued on their phone while some of them shot glances at Noah and me whilst we continue making our way to our lockers.

I could partially hear what some of them are saying yet I can't comprehend what on earth were they talking about.

"She probably just ran away from home with her boyfriend..."

"...I bet this is just an act..."

"...she's probably dead by now..."

"...do you think she's dead?"

I opened my locker rather tensely whilst my brain was still trying to analyze what the ruckus in the hallway was about.

She? Who's she? Dead? Someone died?

I glimpsed over at Noah who was placing some of his notebooks inside his locker. He glimpsed back at me smiling but I swiftly looked away instead of smiling back.

Just then, a familiar figure popped up behind my locker door. I jumped a bit, startled.

"Jesus Harris.. You scared me," I mumbled beneath my heavy breathing.

"Sorry. It wasn't my intention," he simply said.

Seemed like my brain had been preoccupied with the analyzing that I failed to notice Harris walking up to me.

"So you ready for today's exams?" I asked, changing the subject.

Harris heaved a sigh, giving an answer to my question. I shot him a disappointed glare, but then he smirked which made me confused.

"Oh ye of little faith Jen," he chuckled. "Of course I'm ready. Just because I love my games doesn't mean I don't love my grades."

"That's good to he--"

My response was interrupted by a loud yell coming from somewhere behind me. I turned around and my shoulders slumped while my mood dropped as I took in the person's appearance.

"Sup losers," Damien, the guy who made a shrilling yell second ago, approached us with an annoying smug on his face. Another seconds later and Noah was with us as well.

Damien walked over to Harris. His hand circled around Harris shoulder then ruffled the latter's hair. I could sense the discomfort in my bestfriend's face.

"You sitting next to me in class right geek?" Damien said smirking. Harris didn't say anything. I raised my eyebrow at him but as usual it didn't have any effect on him.

"Sup slut," then Damien sneered to me. I caught Noah taking a step forward with clenched fists but I stopped him with my hand on his chest.

"I'm just kidding," the bully sniggered. "I'm kidding," he reiterated, this time putting emphasis.

Finally, we were saved by the school bell.

"See ya losers," Damien sniggered once again before trotting away to catch up to his other bully friends who were standing near a wall a few steps further from us.