Chapter 54

A/N: I don't know if you're still going to like Noah after this :/

****

[NOAH]

Now the next thing to do... is to...

Without saying anything, I creeped out of my room and went back to the kitchen. My mother and my fucking psychiatrist called Michael Osborne is no longer there. The dinner table had been cleaned up, yet the plates were stacked up on the counter by the sink.

I tiptoed to one of the cupboards and opened the drawer where the kitchen utensils where-- specifically the knives. I took one of the knives out.

"Sweetie," my mom's voice popped up and I quickly turned around hiding the knife behind me. I looked at her sternly as she paced towards the sink to wash the dishes.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you--"

I cut her off. "How long?"

She paused for a brief second. "Technically, not that long. We have just made it official recently. But... before we came back to this town there was already something."

I grimaced and gripped the knife's handle tighter behind me out of annoyance. I clenched my teeth, while stiffening my jaws to suppress my anger.

She turned on the dishwasher and placed the dishes inside gently. Then she turned to me. I stepped backwards, pressing the small of my back --as well as the knife-- against the cupboard just so she won't see it.

"I know the last boyfriend I had didn't turn out to be a perfect father figure but trust me Mike is different. He's a professional in the medical world. Plus he's your psychiatrist. It's a two in one," she said trying to light up the mood but it wasn't working.

I sniggered sarcastically and the smile on her face faded. I fell silent, my mind starting to wander off again.

"Anyways--" she continued, distracting me from my thoughts. "There was one other thing we wanted to tell you before you walked out on us during dinner."

I gazed at her confused. I didn't want to hear whatever it was she had to say because I knew that whatever it was I wouldn't like it.

"Mike and I had talked. He offered me to live with him. Both of us," her lips formed a thin smile. I glanced at her dumbfounded.

"What?!" I scowled. I almost forgot I was holding a knife but luckily I was able to hide it before her eyes could catch it.

"I know we just moved back here. And we just moved back in this particular house. But I just think that it'll be a whole lot easier if we live with him instead. Neither of us would have to spend travelling just to see each other and it'll make your therapies hassle free," she explained but everything that she was saying was entering my ears as nonsense jumbled words.

I gulped the giant invisible lump stuck in my throat down to my chest cavity with a heavy thump. "What about school?"

"You can just finish this year and once we get back to the city, I can enroll you back to your old school," she respond.

I gritted my teeth and breathed hard. I could tell my nostrils were flaring as I huffed out angry exhales. My eye involuntarily twitched, then both my eyes squinted a little. Suddenly, I couldn't see my mother clearly. Her image was hazy and I could no longer hear her as she blabbered on about something.

I was already mad before this revelation, but now.... Anger doesn't even begin to cover what I'm feeling.

She was still talking so I interrupted her. "Where's Dr. Osborne?"