Chapter 19

[JENNY]

["I love freedoooom!"]
Harris exclaimed over the other end of the call-line

Technically, he was shrieking so loud causing for my ears to break metaphorically.

We have no class today because the faculty and staff had an important meeting to conduct. They always do that every third week of the month which is a relief for us students.

["So any plans today?"]

I shrugged, sitting up on the bed and leaning my back against the headboard. "Just gonna stay at home probably."

["Booo"]

The door swung open and Noah strutted in.

"I gotta go," I whispered closely to the phone before ending the call. Harris said something but I didn't get the chance to hear it because I had tossed my phone down to my side as I pressed the end call.

I began to remember what happened two weeks ago, when Noah said,

'I love you.'

I felt my face warm up as his voice saying that phrase played in my head on repeat. And it had been like this since that day.

Along with those words, the scenario of us kissing, including when we made out, would disturb my thoughts as well.

When he glanced to my direction, I realized I was staring at him so I rushly looked down to my laptop rested on my indian-seated knees. I bit my lower lip to pretend I was focused on something but the truth was my laptop isn't even on yet.

I slightly glimpsed at Noah and luckily, he had his back turned to me. He pulled up his dark grey long sleeved shirt, allowing me to gawk at his pale broad back in appreciation. My heartbeat fastened its pace again and I sensed my hormones were raging.

He pulled out a different short from his duffel bag. He inserted it over his head, tugging the bottom of the shirt down to his waist.

When he motioned to tug his sweatpants down, I quickly bobbed my head down. It was difficult for a teenage girl with raging hormones to suppress glancing a peek, but I shouldn't let temptation win over what remained of my innocence.

I turned the laptop on, gluing my eyes on the screen. My heart was beating faster than Flash.

I puffed out a flustered sigh as I watched my laptop preparing to start. When I looked back up at Noah, he already had put on some new ripped skinny jeans.

From the hook on one of the doors of my closet, he grasped for his Large-sized gray hooded jacket and put it on.

"You're going out?" I blurted upon noticing him exiting through the doorway. He halted and looked behind his shoulder to me.

"Yeah."

"Where?" I questioned again.

"Somewhere," he replied nonchalantly.

Worried, I moved the laptop from my legs and unto my side on the bed. I leaped off of the bed and paced closer to where he was standing.

"Where exactly is this somewhere Noah?" Another question. I folded my arms against my chest whilst I eyed him intently.

"None of your business," he scorned.

"Noah," I reached for his jacket but he pushed back his arm roughly and swiftly that it shoved me to the floor. I puffed an oof as my butt hit the floor with a stingy impact.

He quickly turned around and regret replaced his scorn. He knelt down in front of me and said, "I'm sorry."

He tried to help me get up but I pushed his hand away. I got up to my feet by myself.