7 - Freaking Out.

Mr Arrington and I exchanged awkward small talk before we both sat back down.

It's been almost ten minutes and still nothing, we've all been silently losing our minds for the past ten minutes.

Another minute goes by and I don't think I can handle the silence anymore, if nobody says anything for another minute I think I'm actually going to lose my mind.

Just then, one of the surgeons step out of the OR and we all stand up.

"The surgery was successful, we stitched up the wound and he didn't loose too much blood. We're waiting for him to wake up from the anesthesia and after that we'll decide if he can go home tonight." the doctor explains.

"When can we see him?" Mr Arrington asks.

"Recovery room is right down the hallway, he will be moved there shortly where you can be with him."

We both thank the doctor and head down to the recovery room.

After about ten minutes of being with Alex in the recovery room he woke up.

We talked for a bit and I made sure he's alright before I left the room to give him and his dad some privacy.

All of this happened so fast that I don't even know if I'm fully aware of the seriousness of the situation; part of the reason why I'm not freaking out as much as I should be.