46 - Christmas.

The three metal guns hit the table with a thud.

He has to have lost his crap to expect me to carry a fucking gun with me.
He was dropped on his head as a baby. That's the only explanation.

As if reading my thoughts, Alex says "you have to be out of your goddamn mind to expect us to carry those with us."

Ryder rolls his eyes in response "l recon none of you know how to use guns, so training starts tomorrow morning after breakfast."

"You're crazy. You're actually out of your damn mind."

"He's right! Besides why on earth do we need to have them with us if this place is so secure? " Eli asks in a mocking tone.

"Watch your tone. You don't know what they're capable of." Ryder replies.

"Who exactly are they?"

"The Interfectores."

"The what now?" l ask before Eli has the chance to. Alex just watches with a confused expression.

"The Interfectores." Ryder repeats, "You guys must be living under a rock if you haven't heard of them."

"Alright, I'm done. I'm out of here." l slam my hands down on the table and push myself upwards before exiting the office.

Ryder is out of his goddamn head. That's a fact.

I skip down the wooden stairs, taking two steps at a time. "He has to be out of his fucking mind to think that I'm gonna carry a gun around under any circumstance. Carrying around a pocket knife is something but a fucking gun? That's too much." l think out loud as l walk into my- now our -shared room and slam the door shut.

I sit down on my bed and try to calm the sudden adrenaline rush my taking deep, even breaths.

I need to get some fresh air.

I push myself upwards and stomp out of the room and to the front door, l go for the handle but it doesn't budge.

I groan in frustration, of course he locked the doors.

Walking back into the room, lopen the window, silently thanking the lord for being on the first floor rather than the second and climbing out of the window.

My feet hit the grass with a slight thud and l take a look around, the place seems abandoned, miles and miles of trees as far as the eye can see.

There's a single road in the middle dividing the forest into two on either sides of it, the trees are gorgeous, green leaves full of life, all kinds of different flowers on multiple trees, blossoms, violets, even lilly trees.

Holy shit, this place is beautiful.

The cool breeze hits me making me snap back into reality.

I wrap my arms around myself as l realize that it's probably fifteen degrees right now.

In a matter of seconds my fingers start to grow numb as a result of the freezing weather but l choose to ignore it and have a look around.

I begin walk further into the forest, the dead leaves crunching underneath my feet being the only sound audible, looking around, l stop when l spot a tree with beautiful blue flowers that l recognize as a Bluestar plant.

I lightly touch it with my fingers and examine the small details that make it so freaking beautiful. The way it's shaped like a star and the beautiful vivid shade of blue it's painted in.

The weather causes me to start shivering and that when l decide that it's time to go back in.

Why was l here again?