11 - Did I Mention?

"Why do you care anyway? It's not like we'll be in therapy togther if I go." I mumble, picking up my fork.

"I care because I want you to get better Laynie, I always have, but I was too much of a coward to say something about it before. Now that I got over that, I'm telling you that I want you to get better."

"Thanks for the thought Alex but I'm too far gone to be fixed. I don't feel anything anymore so why should I go? I will only make a fool out of myself."

"If you think you're gonna make a fool out of yourself then let's do it togther. I'll make a fool out of myself too. It'll be great." he says in all seriousness.

I look up at him in amusement, holding in my laughter that is dying to get out.

"What!? It was the only way I could get you to actually come." he defends.

"You know what? Fine." I agree.

"Really?" he asks.

"Yeah. Really." I smile.

"That's great, thank you!" he says happily and stands up to wash his plate.

I get up and stop him "Na ah young man, you have an open wound that is still healing, we wouldn't want that getting wet now would we?" I say as I snatch his plate away from him.

"Laynie, I'm fine. I can do it." he rolls his eyes.

"Nah, I will. You already made breakfast, now go sit yo arse down in your room and wait for me there."

He rolls his eyes once again before nodding and walking away.

° ° ° °

I finish drying off my hands and walk over to the cabinet to grab some snacks before making my way up to alex's room.

I walk in the room but he doesn't notice that I did. I would normally scare him but I don't feel like it today so I just throw him a bag of chips and it lands straight on his lap.

Did I mention that I used to play basketball before?

He turns to me and mumbles a "Thanks." before he turning back to his computer and closing it.

"So what do you wanna do?" I ask as I open my chips.

"No idea." he says, turning his chair around to face me.

As I'm about to think of something he suddenly blurts out "Did I mention it's actually group therapy?"

I pause and look up at him "Group what now?!"

"Group therapy... My dad thought it would be a great opportunity for me to socialize and get better at the same time." he answers with fake enthusiasm.

"Damn.. good luck with that because I'm not going."

"Oh come on Laynie, please?" he says giving me puppy eyes knowing I can't resist his puppy eyes. Something about them just hurts to say no to them.

"Nope. Na ah. That's not allowed. You can't do that."

"Do what?" he smiles innocently.

"Emotionally manipulate me." I through a pillow to his face and he dodges it.

"Pretty please??" he says in a baby voice.

I sigh in defeat. "I hate you."

"Love you too."

° ° ° °

After about an hour of talking about random things the doorbell ringing interrupts out conversation.

"Is that your dad?" I ask.

"Probably not, he's got a key. He would come right in." he says and dusts his hand from the chips.

"Maybe he forgot his keys." I suggest.

"He knows where the spare key is." he says, standing up to go get the door and I follow him down.

The door bell rings once again before alex opens it, surprisingly, we're not greeted by Mr arrington but instead a man dressed in a police man's outfit.

"Alexander, Delaynie, I'm officer parker, you may remember me from the scene that happened yesterday." the man speaks in a formal manner.

Alex and I both give each other a what the fuck look but quickly look back at the officer waiting for him to continue.

"Well, since you were both at the scene when the break-in happened I would like you to come down to the station with me. We're just going to ask you a few questions and we'll drive you back here, I've already talked to your father and he agreed."

I look at Alex as my way of asking for his approval and he nods.

"Okay... Just give us a minute."

"Of course, I'll be out here waiting." he says and I smile before gently closing the door.

Alex and I go upstairs to change before heading out with the officer.

° ° ° °

The drive to the station was better than I expected, a bit of small talk here and there but otherwise silent, which is something I'm grateful for, I hate small talk.

Right now Alex and I are being led to a room to talk to- I'm assuming -a police officer about last night.

To be honest as much as last night was traumatizing, I don't really feel anything towards it. No negative or positive feelings, just nothing.

Although I am by far the most negative person you'll ever meet, one of the things I've always loved about alex is that he doesn't let minor inconveniences get to him. He knows that there are bigger things to worry about.

Officer parker leads us into an empty room and we both sit down in front of a man, I'm assuming an investigator.

Alex and I look at each other for a moment before looking back at the investigator waiting for him to make any kind of move.