50 - Daddy Issues.

"Sometimes l even cut myself to see how much it bleeds, it's like adrenaline, the pain is such a sudden rush for me."

Stan ~ Eminem.

° ° ° °

"Come on dad, just tell me." l begged into the home phone of the safe house.

The safe house's home phone is just an iPhone with no password that we're all allowed to use just for calls.

Ryder had gone out when we all went to watch the movie and we just messed around for a while until eli and alex decided they wanted to play video games, l told them I'd be right up when a call came in so l answered, turns out it was my dad. I have no idea how he got the number for the safe house but l guess I'll have to question him on that later.

"Okay, alright. So l've been meaning to tell you this for a while now but never got the chance, until n-"

"Get to the point dad." l cut him off, slowly losing my patience by the second.

"Okay okay. So there's someone l want you to meet but because obviously you can't so l thought I'd just tell you about her."

Her.

"Her?" l ask

"Yes, her. Her name is Brianna and we've been talking for about a year now..."

"A year!?!" my mouth gapes open

"Yes honey a year. And l just thought you should know that we're engaged now."

Engaged?!

"Are you serious?! Really dad?! You're telling me this over the phone?! After a whole year?" l through my hands up in frustration

"what could l have done about it, honey? you never visit!"

He really had the audacity to say that.

"I never visit. Okay you know what, I've been holding this in for way too long with the excuse of you being my father and that l have to respect you but this is too much. You're really blaming me for this?? Was l the one who left when your kid was only ten?? Was l the one who used to beat the living shit out of his kids and wife when they were too young to remember and then lie about it to seem like an angel in front of them now that they're older?? Was l the one that made you suffer all those nights when you cried yourself to sleep wondering why you weren't good enough for your own father to stay?? I was ten dad! Hunter wasn't even one when you decided to abandon your children!"

"hon-"

"No! I don't wanna hear it dad! Enjoy your new toy, let's just hope you treat her better than you treated mom." l hang up the phone and slam in down on the counter in anger.

"Fuck you! Fuck you and your stupid wife!" l scream as rub my face in frustration.

"Daddy issues?" an unfamiliar voice speaks from behind me, l turn around to find myself face to face with a guy around our age, not to mention quite attractive as well.

"The name's Chase, Ryder's busy so he sent me to stay here and look after you all until he comes." he holds his hand out for a hand shake

"Well when you see him, let ryder know that we don't need a babysitter." l scoff but shake his hand either way.

Everything has been getting on my nerves these days it's unbelievable.

"Damn you got the attitude and all. You really do have daddy issues." He chuckles, eyeing me up and down.