33 - Short Yet Unquestionable.

Blood//Water ~ Grandson

✘ ✘

𝚁𝚢𝚍𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

✘ ✘ ✘

"What about you? What do you do for fun?" Laynie asks me.

Fun.

I can't remember the last time l actually had fun.

I definitely can not tell her l barely get time to breathe with all of the training my father forces me to do so l decide to make up a lie "l like hockey."

"You do? I don't know about that, seems too hard for me personally."

I don't reply.

I barely know Laynie, and l have no idea what goes on in her life so l try to stay away from her as much as l can when I'm not working. Not because I'm afraid of hurting her, with everything my father forces me to watch and do I've grown heartless to hurting people; but rather because l can't get involved with anyone, especially not with everything that's going one between The Interfectores and The Viceroys.

I've grown a little close to her since l apologized to her that day in her car as a part of the mission.

"Get close to them, make them trust you, and at the perfect moment, slip what you need from underneath them and go." 

l remember my father's words as l mold a small patch of cookie dough into a simple flat circle and place it on the tray. This is ridiculous.

Just hold on ryder. You have to do this for the gang.

"Alright, we're all done!" Blair exclaims before carrying the tray full of cookies to the oven and carefully placing it in.

I internally roll my eyes, this girl is unbareable.

"So while the cookies bake, we should continue on with our little game."

"Sure" laynie murmurs "Your turn to ask." she points to Eli.

"Okay... When was the last time everyone cried?" Eli asks.

"Uhh probably like a few weeks ago." Blair shrugs, wiping the counter top with a napkin.

"Probably like three months ago or something." Alex chuckles.

"Uhhh, yesterday." Laynie nervously giggles.

Alex gives her a quick look that I can read as a 'we'll talk later' look.

I've learned to read people's looks at a young age, it's always been part of the training.

Everyone stares at me in silence awaiting a response.

"Can't remember." l speak.

"Of course." Blair huffs under her breath.

This time l actually roll my eyes. I am so ready to get back to training if it means getting away from this.

"Alright, my turn." Blair starts "Last time you got into a fight? Like a physical fight?"

"Probably like a year ago or something, l try to stay out of trouble as much as l can." Alex replies, helping Blair out by taking the napkin from her and tossing it in the garbage can behind him.

"Uhh probably yesterday... Don't ask." Eli answers.

Laynie gives him the same look Alex gave her a few moments ago and he tries to avoid her gaze.

Everyone looks at Laynie for a response "Probably like never. I honestly don't remember the last time l landed myself in a physical fight and l plan on keeping it that way." she lightly chuckles.

The everyone turns their attention to me, once again, awaiting a response.

If l have to answer that question honestly the answer would be two days ago, but luckily l don't.

"Don't know. Probably a few months ago." l lie.

Blair gives me a look and l glare at her in response.

I swear to God blowing this girl's brain out is my biggest dream.

✘ ✘ ✘

A few hours have passed since we've finished the game and ate the cookies we all made, I've managed to keep my answers short yet unquestionable.

So far l haven't heard or seen anything useful.

We're currently sitting on Blair's giant couch watching a movie.

I don't pay attention to whatever movie is playing and silently study my surroundings, nothing out of the ordinary.

If l go back home without a single piece of useful information it's over for me.

"Blair, your restroom?" l quietly ask.

Being too caught up in the movie, she doesn't think twice about it and points towards a hallway on my left.

I nod and get up making my way into that hallway, l pass by two wooden doors before l reach the restroom's door. I know better than to try to open those doors so instead l pull out two microchips my father had me bring from the pocket of my jeans and slip one under each door before making my way into the restroom.

✘ ✘ ✘

Well there you go babes, this chapter gave you a little insight on Ryder's life

Hope you liked this chapter!

Lots of love to all you beautiful souls, Sera xxx 🖤🖤🖤