13 - The Only Good Thing.

We make it back to alex's after dropping off Hunter where he's staying with Hannah.

It's 7 pm by now and the sun is down, which means Mr Arrington will be home soon, but for now the house is just for Alex and I.

I squeeze the extra water out of my hair after I'm done taking a shower, the smell of strawberry shampoo hitting my nose as I do so. Last time I went grocery shopping with Alex and his dad I forced Alex to buy strawberry instead of mint.

I place the spare brush on his night stand after I'm done brushing my hair and look over at him sitting next to me trying to figure out how to put on a fresh bandage.

"Need any help with that?"

He nods and sits down next to me.

"Alright, hold this up." I say, lifting up the bottom of his shirt enough to reveal the wound.

I apply some Neosporin on it before wrapping it back up. "There, all done."

"Thanks."

"Mhm." I reply.

Just then we hear Mr Arrington yell "I'm home!" from downstairs.

Alex quickly gets up and goes down stairs with me following close behind.

"Hey! Alex, how are you?" Mr Arrington asks, pulling Alex into a hug.

"I'm good, how are you?" Alex asks and I just stand behind them looking at them in awe, their father-son bond is adorable.

"And Laynie, how are you too!?" he asks enthusiastically, pulling me into a hug too.

I happily hug him back and say "I'm great, how was work?"

he sighs as we pull away and says "Don't even mention it."

We chuckle at his response and he asks
"So are you guys hungry?"

° ° ° °

"Goodnight guys, go to sleep for real this time." Mr Arrington says, shutting off the lights after he heard us being too loud and came in to make sure we actually get to sleep.

As Alex and Iay together I can't help but think about tomorrow.

"Hey, Lexi?"

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?"

"Yeah, yeah whatever. You told me therapy starts tomorrow after school right?" I quietly ask.

"Yeah." he answers.

"But we're not going to school tomorrow, right?"

"Nah we're going, can't miss anymore classes."

"Noo!!!"

"Shhh you're gonna wake dad up!" he whisper-shouts.

"But I don't wanna go!!" I whisper-shout back.

"I'd be concerned if you did. Now go to bed dumbass, we're gonna wake up early tomorrow."

"I hate you." I joke and he rolls his eyes.

After a whole of thinking I decided to finally go to bed, turning to my left side so I'm facing the window instead of Alex. Half asleep; he wraps his arms around my waist, leaving unable to move under his grip. I smiles and sunggle up further into him, Alex is the only good thing about this world.