31- Speak Of The Devil.

Mansion ~ NF

° ° ° °

"Okay, I'll see you later." l yell over my shoulder and step onto my front porch.

"Wait, what? She let you go without a fight?" Alex questions as we climb into my car.

"Yeah, ever since she came back from New York she's been unusually nice to me. I try to cherish it because l know it won't last long but it's really weird." l start the car and pull out of my driveway.

"Don't be negative, let's just hope that this time it'll last." Bellatrix hops from the backseat onto his lap and rubs her belly.

"Yeah sure, just keep Bellatrix away from me while I'm driving so I don't crash into a tree or something." l take a turn, following the google maps instructions.

"Don't worry about her, she'll probably take a nap soon."

"By the way, did Ryder talk to you yesterday or something?" he asks.

"Depends, did he talk to you?"

"Yeah.. He also talked to Eli and Blair." he eyes me suspiciously.

"Oh yeah? What did he say?" l can't help but smirk, l only caught a glimpse of the confusion on his face because l have to keep my eyes on the road but it's priceless.

"He said that he was sorry, kind of weird since he never apologizes... I can't believe I'm saying this but it was genuine, l could tell." he continues stroking Trixie's fur as she begins to fall asleep.

"Yeah, l know." l lightly chuckle "Yesterday, before l came to your house, l sat in my car after school because l wanted to be alone for a while. The whole parking lot was empty when none other than Ryder showed up out of nowhere. I let him in my car because it was pouring outside, we talked for a while and he apologized." I clear my throat "He later texted me and told me he's going to apologize to all of you. And turns out, he wasn't lying."

"Temember the movie night l owed you?" Alex mumbles.

"Yeah?"

"You can forget that now."

"What? Why??"

"Because you didn't tell me yesterday."

"l didn't feel like you would even want to hear it! Come on dude you can't do this to me!" I exclaim.

"l just did."

"Screw you." l frown before stopping the car in front of a huge house, bigger than any house I've ever seen before.

"Holy shit.. This is Blair's house??"

"According to the adress she sent me, yes." I stare at the giant mansion.

"And l thought my dad was rich." Alex jokes.

"Uhh the gates are locked.. Let me call Blair."

I pick up my phone and dial Blair's number.

I explain to her the situation and as soon as l hang up the phone two guards dressed head to toe in black swing the big metal gates open.

I drive through the gates and park right outside of the house.

I grab our small bags that we packed everything we're going to need for the night in and we start walking up to the front door of this mansion.

"Laynie! Alex! You guys made it!" Blair squeals and rips her front door open.

"Awww hey Bellatrix, you're so adorable oh my God. Come in you guys!" She pets the sleepy Trixie and lets us inside her house.

The first thing l notice about her house is that it's unbelievably big. It's also really white, the ceiling is white, stairs and floors are made of white marble but the walls are a creamy color.