12 - I Already Signed You Up.

The investigator clears his throat then starts "Mr Arrington, Miss Williams, I'm just going to ask you a few questions if that's okay." he says as more of a statement than a question.

"Okay."

"Last night, do either of you remember what the intruder looked like?" he asks.

"I-I don't know, I didn't really see him." I mutter.

"What about you, Mr Arrington?"

"Honestly I don't remember much of it, it's all just a blur to me." Alex mumbles

"So you don't remember any of the man's features?" the investigator asks.

"Not really, no."

"Okay, I'm just going to show you a few pictures and tell me if anything seems familiar."

"Did he look anything like this?" the investigator asks raising a picture of a white man.

"I really don't know sir, I don't remember much of it." Alex repeats.

"Wait... Hunter, my little brother, he was there when it happened. He might've seen the man." I say.

"Great. When do you think we can bring him here?" the investigator asks.

Normally I wouldn't want hunter being in a police station as it's not exactly the best place for a child but I promised hunter to stop treating him differently so I guess I'm not too bothered about it.

"I don't know, I'll need to talk to him first."

"No problem, make your call and we'll drive you to where he's staying." he says and I nod, pulling out my phone and dialing Hannah's number.

"Laynie?"

"Hey." I mutter awkwardly.

"Hey laynie, how are you?"

"I'm fine, I Uhh I need to talk to hunter if he's around." I say, getting straight to the point.

"Yeah, sure. Hold on.."

"Laynie?" hunter speaks.

"Hey! Hunter, how are you?"

"I'm okay.. How are you?"

"I'm fine too. But I wanna ask you a quick question."

"Sure, go ahead." hunter replies.

"Do you think you can come with me down to the police station so they can ask you a few questions about last night?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Okay that's great, thank you. Get ready, I'll be over in a few minutes okay? And explain to Hannah what I told you so she doesn't freak out, you know how she is."

He laughs and says "Yeah sure, see you later."

"Later." I say and hang up.

I tell the investigator we're ready to go and slide my phone back in my pocket.

"Okay perfect, let's go then."

I nod and we both follow him out of the room and to his car.

° ° ° °

We walk back into the room we were in earlier, but this time with Hunter.

"So hunter, I know it must've been a hard night for you. But, in order to catch the man, I'm going to need to ask you a few questions, is that okay?" the investigator asks and Hunter nods in response.

"Alright let's begin, do you remember what the man looked like?"

"I don't know, the room was dark. I saw him come out of the bathroom when I was hiding under the bed so I went and hid there after he left. I think he was wearing all black, and... " he pauses "That's pretty much all I remember."

The investigator scribbles something down on piece of paper then looks back up at us.

"Alright, thanks little man. Now I'm gonna show some pictures of possible suspects and let me know if you recognize any of them." he pulls out the first picture "Does he look familiar?" he asks; Hunter shakes his head no.

° ° ° °

We finished up with the police and they told us they'll call us back if there are any updates. We were offered a ride home but Alex declined saying he has other plans and we went along with it.

As we're walking to Alex's other plans, Alex on the right, me the left and Hunter in the middle holding both of our hands. Alex asks Hunter "Hey bud, you hungry?"

"Kind of." Hunter responds.

"How does MacDonalds sound?"

"Perfect." Hunter giggles and I smile.

"You hungry too?" Alex asks me.

"I lost my appetite but I guess some fries would be harmless."

"Perfect, to Mac it is then!" he laughs.

° ° ° °

The waiter places our orders in front of us and we all dig in.

"So Laynie, about the group therapy thing.. I sort of already signed you up... It starts tomorrow after school by the way." Alex admits.

"Please murder me before tomorrow after school."