23 - Drug Addict.

"You only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

The Kids From Yesterday ~ My Chemical Romance

° ° ° °

I put my index finger on my lips motioning Eli to stay quiet as l let him in my house.

I grab some snacks from the kitchen cabinet and a bowl before leading Eli into the backyard.

I sit down on the freshly cut grass and pat the spot next to me.

Opening the bags of chips I dump them all in a bowl and stuff some in my face before doing the same to Eli.

"What's that?" Eli asks pointing to the tiny, abandoned wooden house that sits in my backyard.

"That's Everleigh- My cat's house." l answer.

"You have a cat?" he asks.

"Well technically I did at some point. She got caught up in the middle of moving and my parents divorce so now I don't know who she's with. I built that house for her when we first moved in hoping that my mom would let me keep her, obviously didn't work too well." l lightly chuckle at the thought of ten year old me making the tiny wooden house.

"Damn, it takes some skills to be able to make that out of wood."

"Yeah, what can l say? Ten year old me was quite talented." I throw a chip in my mouth.

His smile slowly fades after staring at nothing in the distance for too long. "So l know it's totally not my place to ask but we have to talk about something so... Where are your parents?" he asks hesitantly.

"Well, my mom is in new york for a business trip. And my dad... He's been out of the picture for nearly seven years now. Don't worry about him though I learned to get over it."

"I'm sorry..." he mutters.

"Don't be, it's all good now." I smile in attempt to hide how I actually feel about the topic. "Mind if l ask what happened to your parents too?" I lay down on the grass and stare up at the starts twinkling in the dark night sky.

"Well" Eli starts, laying down next to me "My mom died when l was around three or something and ever since I've been living with my father, drug addict father." he replies, seemingly numb to the subject.

"I'm sorry about your mom... And dad." l give him a sad smile in attempt to make him feel better.

He smiles back "Yeah, I've gotten used to him. Plus, l don't really remember anything about my mom so it doesn't really bother me that much, you can't miss a feeling you never had."

"l know how you feel, my childhood basically consisted of my parents fighting, sometimes l wonder what it's like to have an actual family."

"It sucks, it really does; that kids like us never got to know what it's like to be actually okay, it's not fair, but again, is life?" he sighs.

"We're the kids from yesterday" l smile, waiting for him to get the reference.

He takes a moment to get it but when he does he immediately snaps his head in my direction and the biggest smile spreads across his face.

° ° ° °

Short chapter because of what l posted earlier

It's so freaking stressful to live with someone who has short temper and what's worse is when that someone has control over everything you do and can break or take away anything you have that keeps you going any minute because they feel like it.

Anyway, sorry for ranting, hope you enjoyed this short chapter!

Lots of love to all you beautiful souls, Sera xxx 🖤 🖤 🖤