67 - You're Not Alone.

"You locked yourself in the bathroom, lying on the floor when l break through. I pull you in to feel your heartbeat, can you hear me screaming please don't leave me?"

Hold On ~ Chord Overstreet.

° ° ° °

"l don't know but he'd been seeming a bit more down even before he left, l just thought you should probably check on him."

"Alright, yeah, good idea. Thanks bud."

Have l been that caught up with the whole thing between ryder and l to the point where l didn't notice that something is up with the closest person to me?

I really need to get my head out of my ass and stop swooning over the guy every time he breathes.

"That's all?" l ask

"Mhm."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

I call bullshit.

"Hunter come on, what happened?" l ask

"Nothing."

I give him a look and he sighs

"Fine, mom and hannah had another fight while you were away." he mumbles

"It still bothers you?" l ask

While l understand that it would bother anyone especially a child l also know that it's better to just let it go and stop caring at all, let it happen without letting it get to you because there's literally no way to stop or avoid it. Mom and hannah don't fight as frequently as mom and l but when they do it's ugly, hannah really doesn't know how and when to shut the fuck up.

"A little, only when you're not here."

"Aw I'm so sorry, l came back as soon as l could."

"Yeah l know-"

His words are cut short by the door clicking open. "Guys it's time to go to bed." my mom comes in.

"Okay mom."

"Why is it so dark in here?" she asks, switching on the lights and causing both of us to squint our eyes.

"Thanks for blinding us mom." l mutter sarcastically.

"Anytime, now clean everything up and go to bed. Especially you, l know you stay up late sometimes." she points at me and l raise my hands in my surrender "Only sometimes."

She just rolls her eyes and we exchange goodnight hugs before she leaves the room.

Hunter jumps off my bed and places the bowl of candy on my desk while l switch his little art project off and place in back in the box and hand it to him.

He places the box on my night stand and asks "Can l sleep in your bed tonight?"

"Of course. Just turn off the lights first."

He switches the lights off and l put the heater on medium instead of high, it's starting to get a little warmer now that it's February but still not warm enough to out the heater on low yet.

Hunter jumps under the covers next to me and l wrap my arm around him as he lays on my chest.

"Goodnight laynie."

"Goodnight buddy." l kiss the top of his head and gently stroke his hair until he drifts off to sleep.

° ° ° °