63 - Pinky Promise.

"Is that courage or faith, to show up every day? To trust that there will be light always waiting behind even the darkest of nights."

Six ~ Sleeping At Last.

° ° ° °

"What do you usually do when you get homesick again?" l ask, wiping away my tears.
"Well, l don't really have much advice to give you on this one but know that I'll be here every step of the way, pinky promise." he chuckles in attempt to make me laugh and sticks out his pinky finger.

I giggle through the tears and intertwine my pinky with his.

"There's that smile l like, that's my girl." he ruffles my hair playfully and chuckle, sitting back up and resting my head against the headboard of the bed.

"God I'm sorry, l didn't mean for it to get depressing." l chuckle and wipe my tears with the hem of my sleeve.

"Shut up, you got it out of you and that's what matters."

I give him a thankful smile and a quick peck on the cheek as my way of saying thank you.

He returns the smile and nods in acknowledgement.

"Can we go out?" l ask as the thought pops up in my head.

"Like on a..?" he doesn't finish the sentence

My face heats up as a realize how wrong that sounded "I-I no l didn't mean it like that- l meant like go out of the safe house-"

"Relax it's alright, l know what you mean, just thought it would be funny to see your reaction." he chuckles

"You're such an asshole!" l playfully smack his shoulder.

"I thought it was ry now, or was it big guy?"

"Shut up." l reply and bury my head in the small space between his shoulder and the bed in embarrassment.

"Alright alright, I'm sorry." he chuckles and wraps an arm around me.

"You're s-" the sound of a phone ringing interrupts and he stops.

"Hold on." he reaches in his pocket and pulls out his phone, answering the call.

"Oh, hey." he sits up straight upon hearing the person on the other end and motions for me to wait.

"Yeah, have you talked to her?" he asks the person on the other end.

"Oh.. That's fine, but can you please just talk to her again? Try to convince her that l won't hurt her. I'm sorry for getting you caught up in this mess but you'd be doing me a huge favor."

"Alright, I'll send it right away, thank you so much, yeah, goodbye." he hangs up the phone

I don't ask, knowing it's probably none of my business, probably just something that has to do with the gangs.

He scrolls through his phone for a minute before shaking his head and muttering something l couldn't quite catch under his breath.

"What's wrong?" l ask

He puts his phone down and sighs "That was Raleigh's babysitter."

"You called her? That's great! What did she say?" l adjust my position on the bed so l am facing him.

"She said she tried to talk to Raleigh but she doesn't want to talk to me, she also thought recording her a voice message might help change her mind but now I'm thinking it doesn't matter. I shouldn't force her to talk to me when she doesn't want it."