38 - You're Bleeding.

Therapy went better than expected, Rob was pretty happy to see that we all got along really well.

Ryder didn't talk much, but again, he never does.

I told Alex to beat me to the car and that I'd be out in a second, l need to talk to Blair about something really quick.

I run up to her and place an arm on her shoulder "Hey Blair."

"Oh hey Lynn." Blair smiles. "What's up?"

"Not much, just wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"l know this is probably none of my business but, remember when we were making the cookies at your house and Ryder mentioned a guy named Ace?"

"Yeah..?"

"Well, l was just wondering, how does Ryder know him?"

"Wait, how do you know Ace?" a hint of panic flashes in her eyes for a split second before she masks it with her usual careless look.

"He's a family friend, anyway, how do you guys know him?"

"Right. Hey umm I'll talk to you later okay? I gotta go."

And with that being said, she takes off running, leaving me confused out of my mind.

What the hell just happened?

I sigh and walk over to the elevator, clicking the button and waiting for it to arrive.

The familiar sound of my ringtone catches my attention so I pull my phone out of my pocket and answer the call.

"Hey Lexi."

"You're taking forever. Math class isn't even that long." he says as l step inside the elevator.

"Sorry, I'm coming down now."

"By the way, do you mind driving Eli back home with us? He doesn't have a ride."

"Do you really need to ask? Of course."

"Okay great, see you."

"Later."

l step outside of the elevator and as l make my way to the exit of the building, being the idiot that l am, l run into the side of the front desk.

I bite my lip to keep myself from making any noise when the wound begins to sting again.

I don't need to check, l can feel it bleeding.

I quickly put on a fake smile and continue walking out of the building and to my car to find Eli and Alex resting against it.

"Hey guys, umm l need to talk to Rob about something, l just remembered, sorry." l toss Alex my keys "Why don't you two just go home? I'll catch a ride with Blair."

"Are you sure? We can wait for you." Eli mumbles.

"No it's okay, you guys get going, I'll see you later." before they have the chance to say anything else l turn around and walk back into the building.

Just as l was turning, l caught a glimpse of Eli giving me the 'I'm not buying it' look but chose ignore it.

I start running up to the bathroom but quickly stop when l realize that it hurts even more that way.

I squeeze my eyes shut and bite my lip as l slowly walk back into the elevator.

A single tear rolls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away.

You did this to yourself, you can't cry about it now. Suck it up and stop acting like a child.

As the elevator door opens, l carefully step outside and start walking to the bathroom.