Gross

CHAPTER 4

(Val POV)

(Val POV)

"It is so, so, so good to finally me..." Ben goes to shake Jay's hand but Jay punches him in the chest and smirks. "meet you all." Ben shakes my hand quickly. "This is a momentous occasion," Ben shakes Mal's hand and just stares at her. Mal takes her hand back. "and one that I hope will go down in history..." Ben shakes Carlos' hand and gets chocolate on his hand. "Is that chocolate?" Carlos licks his thumb. "As the day our two peoples began to heal." Ben finishes as he shakes Evie's hand.

"Or the day that you showed five peoples where the bathrooms are," Mal says and we high-five.

"A little bit over the top?" Ben asks.

"A little more than a little bit," Mal answers.

"Well, so much for my first impression," Ben says as they stare at each other.

"Hey! You're Maleficent's daughters, aren't you?" Audrey says to me and Mal. "Yeah, you know what? I totally do not blame you for your mother trying to kill my parents and stuff." We look at her confused. "Oh, my mom's aurora. Sleeping..."

"Beauty! Yeah, we've heard the name," I interrupt her.

"You know, and I totally do not blame your grandparents for inviting everyone in the whole world but our mother to their stupid christening," Mal explains.

"Water under the bridge," Audrey states.

"Totes!" Mal and I both say before we all three fake laugh.

"Okay! So, how about a tour? Yeah?" Ben says before turning towards the school. Audrey wraps her arm around his. I turn to Jay who has a 'wow' look on his face and I roll my eyes as we share our annoyance of Audrey. We follow after Ben and Audrey. "Auradon prep, originally built over 300 years ago and converted into a high school by my father when he became king." We come up to the statue of who I guess is the king. Ben claps and the statue morphs into the beast which makes Carlos scream and jump into Jay's arms. Jay has a look of annoyance on his face as he catches Carlos. I smirk at them. "Carlos, it's okay. My father wanted his statue to morph from beast to man to remind us that anything is possible."

"Does he shed much?" Mal asks.

"Yeah, mom won't let him on the couch," Ben answers completely serious which makes Mal smirk. Jay sets Carlos down before shoving him. We continue walking as Carlos claps at the statue but it doesn't change. We walk inside and Jay goes to touch a vase but I slap his arm, making him stop.

"So you guys have a lot of magic here in Auradon?" I ask.

"Like wands and things like that?" Mal clarifies.

"Yeah, it exists of course, but it's pretty much retired. Most of us here are just ordinary mortals," Ben answers.

"Who happened to be kings and queens," Mal states.

"That's true. Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years," Audrey says and I roll my eyes.

"Doug. Doug, come down," Ben calls to a band kid on the stairs. "This is Doug. He's going to help you with your class schedules and show you the rest of the dorms." Ben walks back over to us. "I'll see you later, okay? And if there is anything you need, feel free to..." Ben mainly talks to Mal.

"Ask Doug," Audrey says butting in. Mal and Audrey fake laugh again. Ben and Audrey then leave.

"Hi, guys. I'm Dopey's son. As in dopey, doc, bashful, happy, grumpy, sleepy, and..." Doug explains then Evie steps towards him. "Heigh-ho."

"Evie. Evil queen's daughter," Evie introduces.

"Okay. So about your classes, I, uh, put in the requirements already... history of woodsmen and pirates, safety rules for the Internet, and, uh, remedial goodness 101," Doug explains as Mal and I join him and Evie.

"Let me guess. New class?" Mal asks as she eats a candy then drops the wrapping. "Come on, guys, let's go find our dorms." Mal then heads up the stairs. Jay, Carlos, and Evie follow her.

"Oh, uh, yeah, your dorms are that way, guys," Doug tells them and I head in the way that he pointed. "Dopey, doc, bashful, happy, grumpy, sleepy, and..."

"Sneezy," Carlos finishes for him as he passes. Mal, Evie and I walk into our room and it's all pink.

"Wow. This place is so amaz..." Evie begins excitedly.

"Gross," Mal and I say at the same time.

"I know, right? Amazingly gross," Evie says really excited.

"Ugh! I'm going to need some serious sunscreen," Mal says as she goes and closes a curtain.

"Yeah," Evie agrees.

"V," Mal says pointing at the other window and I go close the curtain.

"Whew! That is much better," Mal says.

"I'm going to go check out the boys' room," I say before leaving the room.