You Didn't Think This Was The End Of The Story, Did You?

CHAPTER 30

CHAPTER 30

(Val POV)

Mal then splashes Ben, who splashes her back. All of us girls shorten our dresses before going to stand beside our dates. I stand beside Jay and smile while he wraps an arm around my waist.

"Looking back at yesterday

I thought I gave it everything

But still, there's so much road ahead of me" Ben sings.

"When I looked into your eyes" Mal sings. I look into Jay's eyes and we both smile.

"I guess I didn't recognize

Who we are and all that we can be" Mal continues to sing.

"Sometimes it's hard to find yourself

But it's worth it in the end

'Cause in your heart is where it all begins" Mal and Ben sing as all of the girls line up and all of the guys line up before we bow to them.

"We got to be bold

We got to be brave

We got to be free

We got to get loud

Making that change

You got to believe

Whoa-oh-oh

We'll look deep inside" We all sing as we partner off again. Jay spins me around.

"And we'll rise up and shine

We can be bold

We can brave

Let everyone see

It starts with you and me

Whoa-oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

Hey

It starts with you and me

Whoa-oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh

Hey

It starts with you and me" We all sings and dance.

"There's something special that I've learned

It's together we can change the world

Everybody's got something they can bring" Evie and Carlos sing as they look out at the Isle. Mal, Jay and I walk over to join them.

"When you take a look inside yourself

Do you wish that you were something else

But who you are, is who you need to be" Mal, Jay and I sing. Mal leans her head on Evie and I lean my head on Jay.

"Sometimes it's hard to find yourself

But it's worth it in the end

'Cause in your heart is where it all begins" Mal, Evie, I sing as we join the dancing again. Mal, Ben, Jane, Carlos, Evie, Doug, me, and Jay all hold hands to form a circle. We all stomp in the water.