Blow This Popsicle Stand

CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11

(Val POV)

Jay, Carlos, Mal, Evie and I all arrive at the parent's day event. Ben and a lot of other kids are singing "Be Our Guest." We walk through the crowd and over to the food. Mal and I each grab a strawberry before eating them. Carlos hands Dude to Evie so he can eat from the chocolate fountain. Jay joins him and even goes as far as sticking his tongue in it. I slap him on the arm making him stop that. Ben and his parents are getting ready to take a picture when he calls Mal over to them. Mal told them that we would play croquet with them, whatever that may be. Carlos and Evie are playing with Dude while Mal and I stand together and watch Ben and Jay play.

"Hello there," An old lady says to Mal and me.

"Hi," We both say.

"Now, have we met?" The old lady asks.

"No, I don't think so. We're new," Mal answers.

"We're sort of like transfer students," I add.

"Oh, yes," The lady says.

"Grammy," Audrey calls the old lady when she walks by.

"Oh, Audrey! Give grammy a kiss, dear," The old lady says. Mal and I share a look of worry.

"'Grammy'?" Mal asks.

"Sleeping beauty's mother," Audrey answers. "Grammy, I don't think you want to be talking to these girls. Unless you feel like taking another hundred-year nap."

"What?" Sleeping Beauty's mother asks. Mal and I both try to smile but it comes off as a smirk. "You!" She gains everyone's attention. "How are you here? And how have you stayed so young?" Ben walks over and wraps an arm around Mal. Jay comes and stands beside me. Chad joins the other side. Evie and Carlos then join us.

"Queen Leah, It's okay. Maleficent is still on the island. These are her daughters, Mal and Val. Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?" Ben explains.

"A chance to what, Ben? Destroy us?" Queen Leah questions. "Come on. You remember, don't you?" Queen Leah turns to Fairy Godmother. "The poison apples. And the spells." She turns to Belle and Beast. "Spells. My daughter was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. So her first words, her first steps, I missed it all! You mustn't trust her." Mal and I both feel horrible.

"I'm so so..." Mal starts as we step forward to apologize.

"Go away! Stay away from her!" Chad says as he jumps in between us. Jay pulls me back while Mal steps back.

"Don't do this, Chad," Ben states.

"What? They were raised by their parents, Ben. What do you think villains teach their kids? Huh? Kindness? Fair play? No way, okay? Uh-uh. You stole another girl's boyfriend," Chad accuses as he points as Mal.

"Hey, hey!" Ben tries to get him to stop.

"Oh. You enjoy hurting people," He tells Jay. "You think that you're entitled to whatever you want, even if it breaks the rules." Chad points at me. Jay steps forward but I grab his arm which he then wraps around me. "And you, you're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater." Chad turns on Evie before looking back at Doug. Evie gets her mirror out.

"Mirror, mirror, in my hand, who's the biggest jerk in the land?" Evie says as she walks forward and shows Chad in the mirror.

"What? Come on!" Chad says before hitting Evie's hand.

"Back off, Chad. All right?" I say as I let go of Jay. Chad then pushes me back.

"Back off!" Jay says as he grabs Chad by the collar. Evie the pulls out the knock out potion and sprays Chad. Chad falls back with Doug catching him. Ben shoves Jay back.

"Chad! Chad? Chad! Evie did something to Chad!" Audrey calls out.

"Wake up," Lonnie says as she shakes Chad.

"Come on, Mal," Evie says as she grabs Mal's arm and pulls her away.

"Guys!" Ben calls out to us.

"Jay!" I say as I grab his arm and pull him away. We end up going to get something to eat and sitting at the picnic tables. Jay and I are sitting beside each other on top of the table while I lean my head on his shoulder. Mal and Carlos both pick at their food while Evie just sits there.

"Hey, guys. How is everyone?" Ben asks as he walks up. "Yeah?" After not getting an answer. "Hey, listen. Forget about it. All right? It was nothing. Forget about it. Let it go. Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay." Ben put his hands on Mal's shoulders before leaning down to her ear. "I have to go. I'll see you guys later." Ben then leaves us and Doug walks up.

"Listen, Evie, I wanna talk about earlier today. I just..." Doug starts.

"Doug!" Chad calls.

"It's my fault, Doug. I'm sorry," Evie apologizes.

"Doug!" Chad calls again.

"What?" Doug asks him and Doug knows he has to go over to them.

"Doug..." Evie says.

"Sorry, I can't," Doug says before walking over to Chad's table.

"How long does she think that's gonna last? Mal is just the bad girl infatuation," Audrey says as she and Jane go to walk by.

"Yeah. I mean, he's never gonna make a villain a queen," Jane says before they walk away.

"You going to do it or should I?" I ask Mal as I hold out the spell book. Mal takes the spell book.

"Beware, forswear, undo Jane's hair," Mal recites and Jane's hair goes back to the way it originally was.

"Ew!" The girls scream.

"There's a lot more where that came from," I state as we all stand up.

"Excuse me, who do you think you both are?" Audrey asks.

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" Mal asks as she opens the spell book which makes everyone run away. "I'm really looking forward to tomorrow." Mal turns to us.

"Let's grab that wand and blow this Popsicle stand," I say agreeing. The others nod their head and we all walk back to the dorms together.