Chillin Like A Villain

CHAPTER 21

CHAPTER 21

(Jay POV)

"Jay, keys. Remote," Ben says as we run down the stairs to the limo. He tosses me the keys and remote.

"Wait! Something's wrong," Evie says stopping us. Evie then fixes Ben's beanie. "There."

"Shotgun!" Dude then says and we all look at Carlos confused.

"No, Dude. Stay. The Isle is way too dangerous," Carlos orders and Dude hangs his head.

"Did he just..." I start still completely shocked and confused.

"Talk? Yeah. I know. Tell you later," Carlos says before walking to the limo.

"Let's go," Ben says.

"Yeah," Evie agrees. Ben and Evie get in the back while Carlos and I get in the front. "Okay, once we cross the bridge, park under the pier in the old garage. Got it?"

"Got it," I answer since I'm driving. I quickly drive us over to the Isle of the Lost over the magic bridge. I get to where Evie told me to go before stopping the car and hopping out. All I want to do is find Val and get her to come back after telling her how I feel. The others quickly get out of the car.

"Ben, help me with the tarp," Carlos says as they go grab a tarp. "Jay?"

"Yeah?" I say as Carlos throws me one end of the tarp. Evie and I start spreading it out it out on our side while Ben and Carlos do the same. "I got it." I take over for Evie while she looks out in the distance.

"It's really weird being back here," Evie says.

"We'll get in and get them out," I state.

"Jay!" Carlos calls before throwing me the second tarp and we do the same thing. Ben walks over to a big pipe.

"Hey, what's in here?" Ben asks.

"Ben!" Carlos says as we all run over to Ben.

"You don't want to know," I say as I turn Ben away from the pipe.

"Hey, guys. Keep it chill, all right? The last thing we need is our parents figuring out we're here," Carlos says before we take off to find Val and Mal.

"Hey! Hey! Stop," We hear Evie say and we turn to see that she has a hold on two kids. "Just take it. Go on." Evie lets them take her wallet. "Ugh. Ben." We turn to see Ben gone. "Ben, stop. Just stop." We find Ben trying to talk to a pirate.

"Hey, man!" Carlos says standing up to the pirate.

"Why?" Ben asks.

"This isn't a parade. It's the Isle." Evie answers.

"Keep your hands in your pockets unless you're stealing," I explain.

"You either slouch or strut," Carlos adds.