Lady Tremaine's

CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20

(Jay POV)

After fighting with Val, I had returned to my room before flopping down face first on my bed. I didn't even notice if Carlos was there or not. How could I have been so stupid? Why didn't I just tell her that I felt the same? Now she's probably never going to talk to me again. I need to figure out how to fix this because I can't take not talking to her. I roll over on my back before I feel something land on the bed. I look over to see Dude. Dude drops a note and the bracelet that I had given Val when we first got here.

I open the note and read, "I'm so sorry but I couldn't stay here being someone I'm not. I also couldn't take knowing that you don't like me the same way. I know this is selfish but it's what I have to do. I'm going to be me. Please, don't come and find me. Love, Val."

It broke my heart knowing that is the way she felt. I have to let Ben know, so he will let me go to the Isle to get her.

(3rd Person POV)

Evie found Mal's note and Ben's ring. She quickly went to go tell Ben. She knocks on his door as she opens it.

"Ben?" Evie says as she pokes her head in.

"Evie! Come on in," Ben says as he stands up from his desk.

"Mal's gone back to the Isle and I can't find Val," Evie explains as she walks over to him. Evie then hands him the note. "Ben..." Evie holds out his ring which he takes before opening the note and reading it.

"This is my fault. This is my fault. I... I blew it. She'd been under so much pressure lately, and instead of being understanding, I just went all Beast on her. I have to go there and apologize. I have to go there and.... and beg her to come back," Ben says urgently.

"Ben, you'll never find her. You need to know the Isle and how it works and..." Evie says but is interrupted by a knock on the door. Jay then enters the room.

"Sorry to interrupt but Val's gone back to the Isle," Jay says as he sees a worried Evie and a stressed Ben.

"You have to take me with you," Evie tells Ben.

"Me too," Jay says.

"Yes! Uh, are... are you both sure?" Ben asks.

"Yeah," Evie answers while Jay nods. "They're my best friends."

"I'd do anything for Val," Jay adds.

"And we'll bring the Carlos, too, because there's safety in numbers, and none of us are really too popular over there right now," Evie explains.

"Thank you," Ben tells them.

"But let's get two things straight. You have to promise me that I won't get stuck there again," Evie says.

"All of us," Jay adds.

"I promise," Ben agrees.

"And there's no way you're going looking like that," Evie states. Evie takes Ben to find him an outfit while Jay goes to get Carlos.