Mirror Mirror

CHAPTER 5

(Val POV)

(Val POV)

I walk into the boys' room to find Carlos playing a game on the TV. Jay is over by his bed where he is taking things out of his pockets and setting them on his bed.

"Always stealing, aren't we Jay?" I say as I sneak up behind him and make him jump.

"Ah!" Jay calls out. "Warn a guy would you? What are you doing here anyway?"

"Well, for starters our room was way too pink and bright. Secondly, I wanted to see how terrible your room was but it's not that terrible," I answer as I make my way around Jay and sitting on his bed with a smirk as I pick up a bracelet from his stash. "Nice findings though."

"Thanks," Jay says also smirking. "You can keep it." He points at the bracelet. I give him an actual smile.

"Val, come check this out," Carlos says gaining my attention. I slide the bracelet on before trying out the game that is actually a lot of fun. After a while, I give the controllers back to Carlos before going and sitting on Jay's bed again.

(Jay POV)

As I'm going through all the things that I had stolen, I look to where Val is sitting and find that she has fallen asleep. Man, she is adorable when she sleeps. Well, that's sounded creepy, wait did I just call her adorable?

"Whoo! Whoa! Ah! Whoa!" Carlos calls out as he plays the game and breaks me from my train of thought. I then hear the door open before Mal and Evie enters.

"Jay, what are you doing?" Mal asks as she and Evie walk over. I notice that Val wakes and sits up.

"It's called stealing," I answer her.

"Okay, what's the point?" Mal asks.

"Well, Mal, It's like buying whatever I want, except it's free," I answer her as I pull out a laptop.

"Okay. So, you could do that, or you could leave all of this here and pick it up when we take over the world," Mal explains.

"You sound just like mom," Val states with an eye roll.

"Thank you," Mal says.

"You do it your way and I'll do it mine," I tell her.

"Die, suckers! Jay, come check this thing out," Carlos says as he turns away from the game. I walk over and grab the controllers.

"Man, It's awesome," I say as I start playing.

"Guys! Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?" Mal asks.

"Fairy godmother, blah, blah, blah. Magic wand, blah, blah, blah," I say which makes everyone laugh besides Mal.

"This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents," Val says which makes everyone stop and look to her and Mal.