The Deal And The Plan

CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 22

(Jay POV)

We walk to the old hangout place. I pick up a rock and throw it at the Warning Flying Rocks sign which causes the door to open. Evie and I then walk Ben over to the stairs.

"Wish me luck," Ben says.

"All the way up. Send Val down if you see her," I tell Ben before he starts heading up the stairs.

"Good luck," Evie calls after him. We all sit and wait.

(Val POV)

I was getting bored just sitting and watching Mal paint. I got up and went towards the stairs. When I reached the stairs I was totally surprised to see Ben coming up them.

"Val, Ja.." Ben begins but I cut him off knowing that the others would be here with him.

"She's in the back," I tell him before I walk down the stairs. I stop at the balcony before the last set of stairs and see Evie, Jay, and Carlos waiting. I climb down the side using the chain length fence instead of the stairs. "Well, if it isn't the rest of the VK's." I land on the barrel Carlos was sitting in front of, scaring him. Jay quickly stands up and walks over. All of their faces are shocked.

"We need to talk," Jay says and I nod my head. We walk a little ways away from the group.

"What is it, Jay?" I ask him.

"Val, I'm so sorry about our fight. It was all my fault. It... Please come home," Jay says as he holds the bracelet out.

"Jay, I am home," I state.

"I drove the limo. It's a sweet ride," Jay says.

"I don't fit in, Jay. I really gave it my best shot. I like you so much it hurts. And if you think that I can change or stop liking you, I think you're wrong," I explain. "Besides I'm not going to leave Mal behind, she's my sister."

"Mal's a big girl she can make her own decisions. This about you being happy," Jay says. "And besides I really like you too. In the same way. I couldn't stand not being able to see you or talk to you." I look at Jay shocked. Jay goes to put the bracelet back on my wrist. "Say something." We hear Ben coming down the stairs and I take my arm away.

"You should go," I say before I walk over to the others. Jay not far behind.

"So? Where's Mal?" Evie asks. Ben leaves the stairs and I start up them. The door closes before Jay can follow.

"She's not coming back," Ben answers.

"What? I'll talk to her," Evie says before walking over to the phone deal. I'm on the balcony watching them. "M? Mal, its Evie. Let me just talk to you for a second. Mal, come on."

"Go away!" Mal's voice can be heard. I notice that Ben had disappeared and start climbing down the chain length fence.

"Let's give her a couple of hours to cool off," Evie says.