Uma?

CHAPTER 28

CHAPTER 28

(Val POV)

Jay walks me to my room after practice.

"I'll be back right before the Cotillion to pick you up," Jay says.

"Okay," I say before I stand on my tip-toes and kiss his cheek. I then walk into my room and Evie immediately grabs me.

"Let's get you ready. I still have to get Mal ready," Evie says.

"You look beautiful, Evie," I tell her. "Is that a Dizzy design?" I point at the barrette.

"Thank you and yes it is. Isn't it adorable?" Evie says and I nod my head. "I made some changes to your dress as well." Evie pulls my dress out and I gasp at how beautiful it is. Evie helps me get dressed and she gives me black gladiator sandals to wear with it. Evie does my hair in braids and curls. She then places in a barrette that Dizzy made. She does my makeup before turning me to the mirror.

"Wow. Evie, you did an amazing job," I tell her.

"Thank you. Mal, your turn," Evie says as there is a knock at the door. I go answer it to find Jay on the other side. Jay turns and looks at me. His jaw drops.

"Wow. You are extremely beautiful," he says.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I say with a smirk.

"You ready?" He asks as he holds an arm out. I nod while taking his arm.

(Jay POV)

I'm extremely excited. First I confessed my feelings to Val then we kissed. After that we saved Ben. Then I was able to make Val happy and have her and Lonnie on the fencing team. I then asked her to the Cotillion and she said yes! Now all I have left to do is to ask her out. I get ready for the Cotillion then head to Val's room. I knock on the door before looking down the hallway. The door opens to reveal Val and I feel my jaw drop when I see her. She is stunning, gorgeous, pretty, beautiful and just simply amazing.

"Wow," I am able to breathe out. "You are extremely beautiful."

"You don't look so bad yourself," She says with a smirk.

"You ready?" I ask her as I hold an arm out. She nods while taking my arm with a smile. I have fallen head over heels in love with this girl. We arrive at the Cotillion and the music could be heard from outside.

"All the ladies in the house. Put your hands up in the air. All the fellas in the place. Put your hands up in the air. Let me see you break it down. Let me see you break it down. Let me see you break it down."

We walk the blue carpet with the reporters constantly flashing the cameras and asking questions. Val goes in front of me and stands next to vie.

"Val, you look beautiful!"

"Thank you so much," she says.

"Evie, did you design the barrettes?" A reporter asks them.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Val asks. Gosh, she is so gorgeous.

"Uh, no, it's not my creation. Many of the hair accessories this evening are by a fabulous new designer, 'Dizzy of the Isle.'" Evie answers. Val and I then make it inside.

(Val POV)

Jay and I make it inside before finding Evie and Doug. Some horns are then sounded and an announcer walks forward. Jay and stand beside Evie and Doug while Carlos and Jane come to join us.

"The future Lady Mal!" The announcer says. Mal walks out and she looks gorgeous.

"Whoo! Yeah, Mal! Mal!" We all cheer as she walks down the steps.

"Hi," Mal says to Beast as he helps her walk down the steps. "Hi." Belle joins them.

"Hey, Ben is on his way," Beast says.

"Okay," Mal says.

"And you look beautiful," Beast compliments.

"Oh, thank you," Mal says.

"I know we were shocked at first, but you... you are exactly what Ben needs," Belle says.

"And lucky for me, she doesn't go by first impressions," Beast says.

"Of course," Mal says as they laugh. Evie and I then walk over to Mal.

"Hi," Evie says as we walk to the others.

"Hi," Mal says.

"How are you?" I ask her.

"Uh, sort of feel like I'm gonna throw up," Mal answers.

"Yeah? Okay. That's okay. Look, we're right here with you, okay?" Evie says.

"Okay," Mal says. I walk back over to Jay who wraps an arm around my waist. The trumpets sound again. Evie and Mal squeal.

"King Benjamin!" The announcer says. Everyone cheers. Everyone besides Mal, bows to Ben.

"Go get him," Evie tells Mal. Ben bows to Mal and she bows to him.

"Mal, I wish I had time to explain," Ben says before turning around. Uma then enters and we all look at each other shocked.

"Hi. Hi. Hi," Beast and Belle say shocked. Ben escorts Uma to the bottom of the stairs before bowing and kissing his ring on her finger. I go to walk forward but Jay tightens his grip on my waist.

"I'm sorry. It all happened so fast. Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Uma. A connection," Ben says as they walk over to Mal.

"What are you saying?" Mal asks.

"I'm saying.." Ben starts.

"It was love," Uma answers. "It was. I just... I realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?"

"We are," Ben says.

"I know," Uma says.

"You're so beautiful," Ben tells Uma and Jay has to wrap both arms around my waist to keep me still.

"Ben. Ben," Mal says getting Ben's attention. It should not have been that hard for her to get his attention. "Did you go back for her?"

"He didn't have to. I dove through the barrier before it closed, and I'm an excellent swimmer," Uma answers.

"You are," Ben tells her. It almost seems as if he is under a spell.

"Aw, thank you," Uma gushes. "Listen, Mal. I just really want to thank you, I do, for everything. Thank you. Thank you so much." Uma pulls Mal into a hug. I don't like this one bit. It's a bit shrimpy.

"Don't you see, Mal? You were right. You knew that we weren't meant to be together. That's why you never told me that you loved me," Ben says before he and Uma start dancing.

"Jay, let me go. I need to get to my sister," I say and Jay lets me go.

"Come on," I say as I grab Mal's arm and put her in between Evie and I. Jay comes to stand behind me. I wrap my arms around Mal.

"Not too thrilled I risked my life for him," Carlos says.

"We're with you, Mal," I tell her.

"Let's get out of here," Jay says and Jane runs off.

"Okay," Mal agrees. Jay, Mal, Evie, Carlos, Doug, Lonnie, and I all head for the exit.