Tourney and Hair

CHAPTER 6

(Val POV)

(Val POV)

The next day we are in our Remedial Goodness class which is taught by the Fairy Godmother herself. Mal and Evie are sitting beside each other and I'm sitting beside Jay and Carlos.

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart?" Fairy Godmother asks. From where I am sitting I can see Mal drawing something. I just continue to twirl the bracelet that Jay gave me around my wrist. Mal and I have been answering all the questions correctly anyways. Evie then raises her hand slowly. "Evie."

"What was the second one?" Evie asks.

"Oh, okay. Anyone else?" Fairy Godmother asks before looking around. "Val?"

"C, give it a bottle," I answer her.

"Correct. Again," Fairy Godmother says happily.

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos compliments.

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun," I tell them.

"Oh," Carlos says.

"That makes so much sense," Evie says while Mal and I give the "duh" face. All of the sudden there is a squeal and a girl walks between Carlos and Mal before heading to Fairy Godmother.

"Oh. Hello, dear one," Fairy Godmother greets.

"Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation," The girl says.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" Fairy Godmother asks which makes Mal and I share a smirk.

"Mom, no!" Jane says.

"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone," Fairy Godmother introduces.

"Hi. That's okay, don't mind me. As you were," Jane says before she runs out of the classroom.

"Ahem. Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?" Fairy Godmother asks. Evie, Carlos, and Jay's hands all shoot up.

"Oh! Ooh... get off," Carlos tells Jay as Jay lowers Carlos's hand.

"Jay," Fairy Godmother picks.

"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities," Jay answers.

"I was gonna say that," Carlos says.

"But I said it first. Come here!" Jay says as he wraps Carlos into a headlock and drags them on top of the table.

"Ow!" Carlos calls out.

"Come on, who said it first? Who said it first?" Jay asks as he noogies Carlos.

"Ow! Stop! Ah!" Carlos calls out again. I get up and get between them trying to push Jay away from Carlos.

"Children. Children!" Fairy Godmother calls out as she taps her pointer on a podium which gets our attention making us stop. "Boys, I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field. As for you Val, you can do cheerleading." I scrunch my nose up at that.