Chapter 7

A/N: This chapter has now been edited. Spelling and grammatical errors corrected.

===

Athena's POV

The moment he left the room, I took a deep breath.

Oh the tingles howled my wolf internally as she had met her mate.

Is this why you were very happy?  I asked her.

Yes, yes and yes, I could feel him around.

Why didn't I get to know about it?

Because you were focused on the competition and I didn't want to distract you. You know how important this was for us.

Yeah, thanks for that.

I quickly changed to my human form and wore my clothes back on. I pulled my messy hair into a bun.

I walked out of the locker room and saw the back of my mate. He was the most muscled man I had ever seen.

We should train together soon whistled Acacia, my wolf.

Oh I am waiting to beat his ass I said.

He turned his head towards me. My breath hitched in my throat and I stared into his green eyes. He caught my eye in a staring match. Everyone else had vanished, it was only me and him. Two long strides and he was in front of me.

"I did not introduce myself formally, my dear mate" he said taking my hand in his,"I am Alpha Lucas Bianco of the Shadow Moon Pack" he said giving me a peck on the back of my palm.

My cheeks were as red as tomatoes.

"Hi Alpha Lucas" I said looking into his eye, "I am Athena Xiphos. But I think you already know that."

He was there for the fight. He must have seen my name in the selection paper.

"Oh, it is just Lucas, or Luca - for you" he whispered.

"Luca."

The air was thick. Regardless of the tragedy that had struck, the pull was dominant. The time was not appropriate but the pounding hearts and the awe-filled eyes were still present.

A throat cleared behind him.

"Hello Luna Athena, I am Beta Brandon of the Shadow Moon Pack and this man's best friend since we were in diapers" said the man who was as tall as my mate and had much of a dimple laced smile.

"Nice to meet you Beta Brandon."

Lucas just looked at him with a stern face.

"I think we need to go to outside. The Bench would be here soon" said Lucas turning his head to meet my eyes.

Oh what wouldn't I do get lost in his eyes.

"Yes we should."

After a moment Lucas gave me his elbow.