Chapter 38

Lucas's POV

My arms were around my sister as we were walking towards the room Athie was kept in. She was sniffling along the way and I gave her a reassuring nudge on her arm. But that did not stop her sniffles.

"Ari, it is all right now."

Ari bobbed her head no as she sobbed louder. We came to a stop. I turned to face her.

"Let me keep this honest. I am angry that you put my mate's life in danger and took her to a nightclub. I am even more furious that you were careless to go to a club when you are underage."

Her blood-shot eyes looked at mine.

"But that does not mean I do not understand," I added cautiously, "it just means that I am not happy with the consequences of your actions."

She nodded reluctantly.

"I need to know what happened" I said in calm voice.

After a few minutes of silence, Ari finally spoke.

"We were at the bar, drinking. I wanted her to dance with a human male," she mumbled.

I growled. I could feel Leon getting angry.

My mate with a human male? What was my sister even thinking?

Ariana looked at me alarmed, but continued.

"But she did not, she did not want to do it because she had a mate."

My demeanor relaxed.

Mate loves us howled Leon. I wanted to smile. But, I could not. My mate was attacked because she went to a nightclub with my sister. I wanted to hear the entire episode from her.

"Then?"

"Then we had a fight. She told me that she does not want to blackmail you into making her a Luna and a Warrior."

What? Blackmail?!

"Blackmail?" I seethed, "And why would you want her to blackmail me?"

"Because-you-did-not-want-her-to-become-a-Luna-and-stay-a-Warrior" said Ari in one go, closing her eyes.

I took a deep breath to control my anger. My sister was not only devious but trying to create a rift between me and my mate.

After a few deep breaths, I stared at her. Fear radiated from her.

Don't lose your head Luca. Stay calm.

"So let me get this straight," I started, "you wanted Athie to dance with a human male because you thought that it would make me jealous and then I would make her the Luna Warrior. Is that so?"

Silence ensued our surroundings once again.

"ANSWER ME DAMMIT!!"

Hesitantly, she nodded. My chest was heaving.

"And how was I supposed to get jealous? I was even not there in the club."

"I was to drunk call you" she mumbled, "to tell you about the fun we were having."

"And it did not end up in fun, did it?"

She shook her head.

My chest was heaving as I massaged my temples. I was trying my best to calm my nerves. Leon was threatening to tear into my sister.

Calm down. You are the Alpha, be responsible.

After what felt like an eternity, I finally spoke.