Chapter 50

A/N: Not edited, ignore mistakes

===

Athena's POV

I woke up groggily at the break of dawn just to be held in bed by a heavy arm. Turning my head, a blush crept up my cheeks. Lucas was sleeping with a vice grip on me, his nose buried into my hair. There was not much room for me to move, so I stretched out my hand to grab his phone that was placed on the nightstand.

6 : 0 0 A M

"Luca" I whispered, my morning breath on his cheek.

G r o a n

"Luca, it's six."

"Don't move love" he grumbled in a sleepy voice, "let's stay in bed longer."

I rolled my eyes at his childishness. 

"We have a long day ahead babe."

Lucas groaned into my ear and flopped up on the bed. His immediate action caused the bed to shake a bit and I could not help but stare at his rippled back.

Oh Goddess, please help me.

I could feel my legs go jelly at the sight and if I would have been standing, I would have really fainted.

"Stop staring sweetheart."

I was brought out of my trance. He turned to me, with a smirk on his face. I could feel my cheeks go red and hid myself into the pillow. My mate leaned in, tenderly tucking away the hair covering my face.

"The next time you stare at me like that, I will take you, then and there" he whispered.

But before I had the time to react, he hopped off the bed and went into the bathroom.

===

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, assessing the blue jumpsuit that Ariana had sneaked into the duffel bag. I was not aware of its presence until this morning, but there it was, when I had opened the duffel bag for a fresh pair for presentable clothes.

"I asked her to put it in there" said Lucas, walking out of the closet, in a white dress shirt and blue jeans.

So delicious.

"What? Why?" I asked, trying to not get distracted.

"Because you are my Luna, you need to be dressed appropriately for formal meetings."

Till then I had not even considered this part of my role. 

Was I supposed to dress up for events like these?

Of course you have to! That comes with being a Luna huffed Acacia.

Ever since I had been marked, Acacia was making more of an appearance. She was being snarky and was confident that we were well-suited in this role. More than I felt anyway. Also, the pain in my shoulder had receded since the marking and I did not feel the need to wear the sling anymore. Maybe Dr. Sanchez would say otherwise but I did not care. I would not enter my first formal meeting as a cripple anyway.

Another thing I observed was how Lucas was dead serious about his role as the Alpha. Other than the incident in bed this morning, he had tried to avoid me during his half naked state, heading straight for the walk-in closet after the shower. I was brazed by this behavior at first but later realized that we were in business, and you don't need pleasure before business.

Staring at myself for the last time, I headed downstairs where Lucas and Brandon were having breakfast - eggs, toast and coffee. They were seated on bar stools, hunched over the kitchen counter.

"Good morning Luna" said Brandon, as I sat beside Lucas.

"Good morning Brandon" I said in return, smiling at my mate who was drinking coffee.

"Thena, how do you prefer your eggs?"

I looked upto see Ari holding onto a spatula, waiting for an answer.

"Scrambled" I said, "but I can help you."

"Oh stop it you! This is my school day routine. I usually cook breakfast for myself and the boys before heading to school."

"Where is mamma?" I said, surprised that Irene was not around.

"She is over at Aunt Elena's, David's mother," said Lucas, "mamma prefers having coffee with her certain days."

Nodding, I took the plate from Ari and dug into the scrambled eggs.

"ARIIIAAANNNAA."

Our heads turned towards the screeching voice. It was Samuel. The human in the pack.

"Hey Luna," smiled Samuel walking towards where we were sitting, "how are you holding up?"

I blushed bright red remembering the last time we had met at the Luna Special Breakfast. Suddenly, a growl erupted behind me. I turned around to see Lucas gripping is coffee cup and trying to not lose his temper. His eyes were flashing, which meant that Leon was trying to surface.

Samuel stood there, transfixed and scared and in the nick of time Ariana waved her goodbye and ran out of the room but not before mouthing at me to fix this.

I turned to my mate cautiously.

"You are mine" bellowed Leon.

"I am yours, I am yours indeed" I said.

His hands gripped mine and I got pulled into his chest. We stood there, him huffing and panting all the while while I ran my palms all over his chest.

===