Chapter 29

Athena's POV

Our shopping expedition was a success, at least Ari was happy with what we bought.

We lunched at some restaurant called The Cheesecake Factory, which actually had the best cheesecake apparently (again, never tasted a cheesecake until this point). Our car was on its way to the pack land now.

"So, what are we doing in the evening? What's on your mind?"

Ari gave me a sly look, a smirk on her face.

"Too eager to get back at your mate, are we?"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Yes, I am too eager Delta Ariana. He did not even acknowledge me in the morning."

Ari giggled. "We will be off to Eclectic after training. It is a nightclub in town."

I pondered on the thought. 

Was I really up for a nightclub? 

The thought gave me jitters. From what I had heard, nightclubs were sweaty places for drunk humans. Would I really fit in as a werewolf?

"I have never been to one, you know" I mumbled.

"Don't worry Thena" said Ari, sensing my discomfort, "I will make this one experience that you will never forget."

===

"WARRIORS! TODAY WE WILL BE LEARNING FIGHTING TECHNIQUES" said Vincent, his gaze penetrating through all of us.

All the Warriors - Timothy, Matteo, David, Max and I - were standing in attention to the Head Warrior. The Alpha and Beta were nowhere to be seen. How dare Lucas not fill me in!

Our mate must be really busy said Acacia.

Then at least he could have told me right? Acknowledged my presence, spoken to me about last night I retorted.

You are just overthinking.

Why are you partial to him? Stop taking his side all the time! I scolded.

But he is our mate! she scolded right back.

"ATHENA! PAY ATTENTION!"

My eyes flew to Vincent. The other Warriors were starting at me.

Was I not listening? Damn, this mate thing is really distracting me.

"Sorry, won't happen again" I mumbled, my head hung in embarrassment. The other Warriors turned their heads towards Vincent, but David clucked before doing the same. Asshole.

"Is there a problem David?"

"Nothing major, Mr. Head Warrior." That ass. I was fuming, but I did not want to be kicked out.

"Good to know" continued Vincent, "so, as I was saying, we are dividing ourselves in pairs, the experienced with the less experienced. Max, you go with Matteo, Timothy take Athena, David stays with me."

I was glad not to be paired with David, otherwise all my anger would have been directed at him. Lucas deserved my anger at this point of time. I was past David and his flirtatious behavior.

I looked around to see Timothy pointing towards the west part of the ground. Giving him a nod, I trailed him to west corner. All the pairs were far from each other, having taken eastern and northern areas of the gigantic training ground.

"Athena, I know one-on-one combat is your forte, but you need to learn how to handle a group of enemy warriors. Are you ready?" 

I nodded in encouragement. 

Yes, I knew how to take one werewolf down, but I needed to learn how take a group, or more ambitiously an enemy pack down.

"Great. Let us begin."

===

I immersed myself into the hot water. My thoughts went back to what I had learnt today.

"When you find yourself in a situation where there are too many enemies and you are alone, the first thing you do is mind link other warriors. You cannot hold off too many attackers at once, you will need backup. Try to hide out as much as possible, but if the situation demands it, you will have to fight."

I poured shampoo onto my palms and ran my fingers through the scalp, massaging it to relieve stress.

"Your aim is to maim the maximum number of attackers with agility."

We practiced a few techniques I had been made familiar at the camp; from dislodging an attacker from your body, to making sure that you maintain your endurance during the fight. A training like this was the need of the hour, however, I was still to learn how to disarm a hunter on my own.

A sudden thud sounded at the door.

"Thena, it is me. Are you done? It is six already, we need to get ready now."

I got up from the tub and dried by body. Wrapping the towel around me, I got out of the bathroom to see Ari holding up the black dress.

"Here is your LBD, we also need to do your makeup to make sure humans are drooling over you."

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Is that really necessary? I will just wear the dress."

She gave me a challenging look.

"Do you want to get back at my brother or not?"

I held her gaze for a few minutes and sighed in defeat. Wasn't that the motive?

"Okay then, let us begin stage two."

===