Chapter 32

A/N: A double update weekend :) Next chapter comes out tomorrow!

===

Lucas's POV

"Thank you for having us" I said, standing in the parlor along side Brandon. Nathan and Jared were standing facing us. It was already evening and the sun was ready to set. Post the conversation with Nate in his office, we got down to discuss intelligence on the attacks and exchange any other information in our ongoing investigation.

It seemed like an organisation of hunters was being formed in order to hunt and track down werewolves. They were forming a more coordinated structure to attack and kill our species, however, what we lacked were names.

"Anytime Luca, you are a friend and our packs are allies. I hope we get more information to catch these bastards ASAP."

"Yes, I agree. Also, as an immediate measure, let us focus on building a task force to counter the any form of impending attack."

"Agreed. We shall start assembling the best ones around. Let me know about your warriors and best fighters."

Brandon gave me a side look. I ignored him. 

When Nathan asked me about how I knew about how he was feeling amidst this mate tragedy, I conveniently lied to him about having shared experiences of people who had mate trouble. He did not probe me further and I was glad I did not have to answer anymore questions with the ongoing predicament between me and my mate. I was thankful that Athie did not reject me.

You really need to talk to our mate you know whined Leon.

I will do it as soon as I get back I replied. Too much had happened in the last 24 hours, and I regretted that I could not talk to her in the morning. We really needed to sort this out. But, I needed to keep my head in Alpha duties for now.

"Noted. I think we will have some of our best fighters rounded up soon. I will brief our Head Warrior."

Nathan nodded. "Very good then. Thank you for coming here, Alpha Lucas and Beta Brandon. It was a nice meeting, just like the old times."

===

"You know that the Luna would want to be a part of this task force, right?" said Brandon, breaking the silence.

We were driving back home from the Midnight Pack. My legs were stretched out and I was leaning on the passenger seat trying to relax with my eyes closed after a tiring day.

"I know."

"Then? When are you planning to talk to her?"

I popped one of my eyes and gave him a side glance.

"Tonight, hopefully."

Brandon snorted. I opened both of my eyes, craning my neck towards him.

"What?"

"Nothing, I hope you don't chicken out" he snickered.

Me? Chicken out?

"Excuse me? What do you mean Beta Brandon?" I asked. My best friend really liked to pull my leg.

"You know what I mean" he smiled, steering the car towards the dirt road.

"Oh I don't know, let us talk about chickening out when you find your mate, shall we?"

Brandon rolled his eyes. Just then, I could feel someone urgently calling me out through the mind-link. I mentally removed the wall.

LUCA! YOU NEED TO COME HERE RIGHT NOW! HELP! cried Ariana.

I jerked up from my seat.

What happened? Where are you? What is wrong? I retorted. My stomach was twisted in knots. I had never heard my sister this worried. 

WE ARE ECLECTIC, HUNTERS ARE HERE!

My mind was racing. Leon was threatening to take over. My Beta looked at me warily.

"WE NEED TO GO TO ECLECTIC! NOW!"

===