Chapter 47

Athena's POV

Pleasure. That is all I felt as Lucas bit me. It surged through me like electric shock and hit my core harder. I could feel Acacia swarm with energy, the first time I could feel her this strong post the attack.

Leon! she whimpered. I could feel my legs go numb and my knees give up. 

"Mate" whispered Luca, licking the blood trickling from the fresh mark. His arms were holding my in an iron grip.

"Luca" I whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too, Athie."

Suddenly, the crowd erupted in cheers. Our heads turned to the pack members who were now clapping and howling in joy. Our surroundings were filled with celebratory applause and the energetic vibe of the pack surged through me.

Is this how it felt being a part of the pack?

Yes, it is said a voice inside my head.

Startled I looked around to see Lucas smiling at me.

Finally, I can feel your emotions, and know your thoughts.

My eyes widened in realization.

This is the mind-link?

Yes my love, and it just brought you closer to me and the pack he replied, giving me a peck on my cheek.

===

After the meeting-and-greeting part of the ceremony, the celebrations were in full-swing. The mated pairs were dancing under the full moon.

My eyes were sparkling at the serene beauty.

Is this how it felt to be in a pack?

"A penny for your thoughts?"

I looked up to see Luca staring at me with all the love in the world. His hands were on my waist and we were swaying to the music being played.

"This feeling, this feeling of being in a pack, it makes me feel whole."

My mate smiled at my confession.

"That is how you are supposed to feel. Until today morning you were a rogue, a wolf who was not in a pack. But today, you are. We wolves are social creatures, we need a pack to thrive and here you are, our Luna Warrior."

Blushing, I pulled his head towards mine and met his lips. But, we were interrupted.

"Ahem."

I looked to see Brandon standing awkwardly trying not to come in the way of other dancing couples.

"I apologize for the interruption Alpha, Luna. Alpha, something urgent has come up, may I borrow you for a minute?"

I frown looking between the two of them. They seemed to be mind-linking and I was out of the loop.

Lucas turned to me with a worried face.

Motioning him to go ahead, I dropped my arms from his neck. Suddenly, my cheeks were pulled into a chaste kiss and then he hurried out of the dance 'floor' with the Beta.

My frown deepened as they walked farther from the crowd and disappeared behind the Alpha house.

Dejected, I turned towards the other direction and made my way to a less crowded area.

What a prick of a ma-

Don't you say anything about our mate chided Acacia in return.

For a minute, I was shocked.

Acacia, how are you feeling?

Rejuvenated! The pack bond is much better for healing, I am so glad we have our mate and our pack by our side.

I snickered at her love sick voice in my head.

Well, that mate of ours just abandoned us I retorted.

He didn't abandon us! He's on pack duty!

Sighing, I made a mental note to give Lucas a piece of my mind over whatever he was doing right now. As the Luna Warrior, I had a right to know about pack duties too!

"Luna Warrior Athena."

I swirled to my left to see David who was standing a few feet away.

"David" I said in a cold tone.

"I am sorry for all the trouble I have caused you and Alpha Lucas. At the time I didn't know who you were and my behavior towards you was inappropriate. Alpha Lucas is my cousin and I respect him a lot as a brother and as my Alpha. I have the same amount of respect for you."

I stood there staring at David with a poker face. After a while of contemplating what to respond, I finally spoke.

"I want you to know that any form of misconduct will not tolerated in this pack and I do not want any other woman coming to me with complaints about you. Is that understood?"

"Yes Luna, " he said in a shocked tone, "am I forgiven?"

"For now, yes."

A small smile formed in David's face and he bowed his head in respect.

"Thank you Luna, that is all I wanted. And I must say, you will be a great Luna."

"Thank you" I said, returning his smile.

"David, good to see coming around."

We craned our necks to see Lucas walking towards us.

"Alpha, just setting things straight. I owe you an apology as well."

"You do but so do I cousin" said Lucas.

"It is okay Luca, I deserved it."

Lucas smiled and sneaked his hands around my waist.

"Thank you Alpha, Luna" said David, taking his leave.

"I am glad that he apologized" said Lucas.

"Me too."

===