Chapter 25

Athena's POV

The yellow sundress fluttered around my hips as I walked down the lawn amongst the many pack members who were chattering in groups.

Ari and I made our way to the pack house, with Ari getting nods or short bows in return. She was the Delta and the daughter of the former Alpha - of course she was used to this. However, I was nervous.

I really don't know how did Ari talk me into this - maybe I was blinded by the offer to get back at my mate - but here I was, wearing a dress for the first time in my life amidst a large number of people.

Maybe your priority is to make our mate jealous chuckled my wolf.

I snorted internally.

Agreed. Plus I have never gone clubbing in my life, maybe I want a taste of it too.

I'm not sure whether I would like it though stated Acacia. My wolf hated loud places and sounds.

Let's see I stated, shutting her off.

"Oh there you are" said a beautiful woman grabbing Ari by the hand, "I want your help to set the pending tables."

"Sure mamma" said Ari, "I want you to meet Athena. She is our new warrior."

"Hello Luna" I said with a bow of the head.

"It is nice to meet you dear. We finally have a woman warrior, I am glad you are a part of our pack" she grinned, "maybe you want to help Ari setting tables up?"

"Sure" I smiled.

Ari and I made our way to the kitchen that was bustling with energy. The women were passing plates and bowls, all filled with fresh fruits and good food.

"Let's keep these fruit bowls on the empty tables. The event will begin in sometime. From what I heard the Alpha and Beta have to be somewhere today hence the event is being sped up."

"You are the Delta. Don't you know where they need to be?"

Ari shrugged.

"They've not told me about it yet. So I don't know."

"But aren't you curious?"

"Oh I am, but I am currently planning my stage one of Mission Luthena."

My head snapped at her. Did she just join our names?

"Oh you don't know" she rolled her eyes, "Luthena is your ship name."

"Who is building a ship?" I asked, bewildered.

"Leave it Thena, this is out of your grasp" she sighed.

"Ladies, ladies, ladies" said voice behind us, "I see you are doing a job that you despise."

I turned to see a blue-eyed, blonde-haired and a well built boy who looked about Ariana's age. His arms were draped around our shoulders making me uncomfortable.

Ari shot me a look asking me to play along.

"Hi Sam" said Ari, "Athena, meet Samuel, he is a QB in the school football team. Sam meet Athena, she is our newest warrior."

Sam looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"So who is the lucky guy we are making jealous?" he whispered close to my ear.

I let out a giggle.

So this was stage one.

"You don't need to know that Sam. All you need to know is that you did a good job" said Ari.

"Oh I know I did babe" winked Sam, "and you owe me something else in return."

"I know, I know. The job will be done."

Sam turned to me and gave me a wink before he walked away.

"What are you doing for him in return? Plus, don't you think if Lucas sees this he would beat the shit out of Sam?" I asked in a whisper.

"The job's a secret" Ari rolled her eyes, "and my brother will not do anything to him. Sam's a human."

There were humans in the pack?

W H A T?

===

A/N: I update every Sunday ET, I really need time to write good chapters and present it, thank you for the all the love till date <3 

Also, please stay safe and let us all keep practicing social distancing. Let us fight against COVID19!