Chapter 52

A/N: As promised, a weekend update. Not edited.

===

Athena's POV

"We have a plan. But, we will need your help Luna to get there" said Alpha Nathan.

"I am sorry but-" started Luca, but I managed to cut him off. 

This was my fight and I could speak when I was spoken to.

"I am not sure how can I help you Alpha Nathan, but please, anything I can do to help catch these assholes" I replied, looking at him straight in the eye.

An element of surprise crossed his face, but he covered it well with a small smile.

"Please call me Nathan or Nate, you are his mate after all" said Nathan, pointing his index finger at Lucas, "what we need is information on anything you heard while you were being attacked, anything that will help us narrow down the source of the attack. At this point, we do not know the name of this group as they are very secretive, but anything that will lead us back to these assholes will help us identify the crucial details we require.

I took a deep breath and leaned back, my mind going back to the day I was attacked.

Oh my Goddess! Where do I even start?

"I know it is difficult Luna-" started Nathan, but I cut him off, the second time I was interrupting someone today.

"No Nathan, please call me Athena. I know their names, I will never forget them till the day I die."

Athie said Luca through the mind-link. I looked up to see his worried eyes.

It's okay Luca, I have to do this, we have to get them down I replied and turned to our guests.

"So where do I start?" 

===

"Charlie, John, Mike.  There were one or two more, but they did not speak at all" I said, tightening my grip over our intertwined hands.

Reliving the ordeal was bad enough for me, but it was worse for Lucas as he still felt guilty about it. However, I had to put on a brave face on behalf of the Shadow Moon pack as I was the latest werewolf to be attacked by these bastards.

"Okay" said Jeremy, "and where were they when you got out the backdoor?"

"They were in the corner of the property, to my left."

"Then I think we can attempt to get the video surveillance from the back of the nightclub" said Jeremy.

"No, we cannot" said Brandon, "the police confirmed that there were no cameras at the back of the property."

"Never mind then, we can get it from somewhere around the place."

Jeremy quickly zoomed into the area on the huge monitor and kept rotating the street view on the screen.

"Getting video surveillance will be easy, there's a boutique right across the street with some stores around, any one of them will have a camera facing the street."

At first he zoomed into the boutique, but then clucked in disapproval. He kept playing with the wireless mouse connected to his laptop, moving the cursor on the street view. The cursor kept moving the satellite image until he narrowed it down to the back of the nightclub.

"We cannot use any of the video surveillance from the stores opposite to the property because they do not give a good view of the area of the attack. But, as you can see on the screen, this property behind the nightclub is up for sale and it lists a real estate company."

"So, what does this mean?" asked Nate.

"I will have to check with the real estate  company if they have video surveillance available."

===

"So, how do you like it in a pack?" asked Nathan, pouring coffee into his mug.

We were in the Alpha House, taking a break from the meeting, while Jeremy was working in the conference room. As the host, Luca had invited Jeremy to a mid-morning break but he was already engrossed in the task at hand and suggested that we send him some coffee to the conference room instead.

"I feel content, and I like it" I said, turning to look back at Luca, Brandon and Jared sitting on the bar stools by the counter. As if on cue, Luca caught my eye and I gave him a small nod. Nathan looked at Luca and looked back at me.

"Can't stay away, huh?" said Nathan.

I embarrassingly blushed at his words, not knowing what to say. But cleared my throat immediately.

"It's not that, it's just that, umm" I started, not knowing how to put what I wanted to say next into words.

"What is it?" asked Nathan, a bit irritated at our awkward interaction.

"Luca told me about you and Cassie, and I can help you with that" I said, in a hushed tone.

Nathan looked at me in surprise.

"Yeah, that was an unfortunate thing that happened to me. Not that I don't love Cassie but," he took a deep breath, "I just don't know what to do. She just would not look at me, simply rejected me. But I deserved it. I am the Alpha of the pack that kicked her out."

His voice was shaky and eyes glassy while he took a sip from his mug. It was evident that he would have preferred alcohol in the mug over coffee.

"I can convince her to give you a chance. But you need to put some efforts in."

"I am ready to do anything that will make her accept me. I love her, I've always loved her."

I nodded baffled by the emotions he was portraying. A mate rejecting you was a huge deal in our world and I was really surprised that Nathan had pulled through all this while. Maybe, Cassie had not cut off the mate bond yet and was just confused about the situation?

"GUYS! I GOT IT!"

I jerked at the loud noise and looked at the door. The wolves were out of their seats and on high alert. Jeremy stared at all of us grinning, as if he had had a eureka moment. We stared at him in anticipation.

"I got the video surveillance from the night of the attack!"

===