Chapter 12

Athena's POV

I saw the car steering down the dirt road. We were nearing the pack land. 

My hands were sweaty and  jittery.

Sensing my anxiety, Lucas grabbed my hand.

"Chill, they will like you - Luna or Warrior" he said intertwining his fingers in mine.

"I have never been in a pack for as far as I can remember. How will I fit in?"

"You will do just fine. If anyone troubles you, you let me know, okay?" he said giving me a quick kiss on my knuckles.

"That would not be necessary. I can deal with troubles myself" I frowned, ignoring the tingles running through my hand.

"Oh I am sure you can, love" he winked.

"We are approaching the territory love birds" said Brandon.

As if on cue, both of us detached our hands. Emptiness. That is what I felt at the loss of touch. It looked like he felt it too, as he stared at me with puppy eyes at the loss of touch.

I gave him a genuine smile in return.

"Go back to normal love birds" said Brandon, this time in a lower voice.

Lucas put a distance between us and scooted to the other end making my wolf whine.

It is all for our good Acacia.

You mean all for your good she whined.

Becoming a warrior is your wish too.

I know, but I will miss my mate.

Me too Acacia, me too.

Suddenly the car came to a stop.

Brandon opened the window and waved at the border patrol to allow us in.

After a few seconds, we were inside the pack territory, moving down well paved roads to where the werewolves lived.

===

"Vincent" shouted Lucas.

As we had entered the territory, a few werewolves had come out of their pack houses, and couple of them from border patrol had escorted us to where we were now.

"Yes, Alpha" said a blonde muscular man running towards us.

"Athena, I want you to meet Vincent who is our Head Warrior. Vincent, this is Athena and she will be joining our pack as a warrior."

Vincent gave me a stiff nod and I returned the same.

"LUCA!!!"

My head turned to see a dark haired girl running towards us from a distance. As she approached us, she jumped into Lucas's arms and hugged him tight.

My jealousy sky-rocketed seeing Lucas hug her back.

Who the fuck is this bitch touching what's mine?!

"Are you okay? Is everyone fine?"

  "Yes Ari, everyone is fine. Nathan got shot but he will be okay" he said breaking the hug.

"Oh my Goddess! We should give him a call to check if everything is all right" she screeched making me wince.

"Don't bother sis. I am in contact with Beta Jared, he will fill me in."

Sis? As in sister? Damn my hormones. 

Her head turned towards me. She turned to Lucas with a puzzled look.

"Oh Ari" he said turning to me, "this is Athena, the warrior we selected from Camp Rogue. She is a great fighter. Athena, this is Delta Ariana, my little sister."

"Hello Athena, it is nice to have you here" she said with a genuine grin, "we need more female warriors like you and cannot wait for us to join the pack."

"Thank you Delta Ariana, I am glad to join this pack too" I said with a smile.

"Can I show her to her room Luca? There are very few days that we get lady guests in our pack." she said looking at Lucas with a puppy face.

Lucas looked at me and reluctantly nodded his head.

"Awesome! Let us get you settled first and then I will show you around Athena. And of course, it is my duty to make sure that you love this pack."

===

IMPORTANT A/N: 

I am planning to increase the speed of the updates to this story. I know, I know, you want me to update ASAP however, I need to write good content too :) Hence, I am proposing that you decide my schedule for updates. I generally post on Sundays (Eastern time morning-ish) and it is always one chapter a week. This way, I am investing the whole week into the specific chapter and posting it on Sundays. 

However, I can post twice a week maybe. Speed the process up. Let me know your thoughts!

===