Chapter 46

Lucas's POV

I was looping the black bow-tie around my neck when Brandon walked in. He was in a sleek blue tuxedo with a black bow-tie as well.

"Mother Luna has asked you not to be late."

I rolled my eyes and continued to fidget with the tie.

"It is my mate's initiation ceremony. Why would I be late?"

Brandon held his hands up defensively.

"I know, was just conveying the message."

It was a tradition in many of the packs to celebrate the initiation or joining ceremony of a Luna just as any human wedding. It was the official acceptance of the bond and as werewolves did not really get married, this was one manner of celebration that was inspired by the human world. That being said, many younger werewolves irrespective of their status in the pack, did like the idea of a wedding and ended up having one anyway. I myself had attended countless being the son of the Alpha. But, never did I imagine I would end up having one for myself.

Luca! Where are you?!

The sudden shrill through the mind-link made me wince. I cursed at myself for keeping my guard down.

Mamma, I am almost ready. Let me know when should I be there.

Now, you are supposed to head down and wait at the altar.

Checking myself out in the mirror for one last time, I gestured Brandon to open the door. We got out of my room and made our way downstairs.

The scene in the parlor of the Alpha house was more than beautiful. A few pack members were working on installing flowers along the railing of the stairs. The parlor looked more beautiful as I reached down the stairs.

"Alpha!"

I turned to see a flustered Max running towards me.

"Mother Luna wants you to be at the altar right now! The ceremony will start in five minutes."

I was surprised that Max was addressing mamma as Mother Luna. He always called her Luna in front of the pack, but in private he called her ma. But Mother Luna was new to my ears. Mamma had adopted Max into the pack when my father was fatally injured and both of them had helped each other during times of grief in their own way. Maximilian came from a traumatic incident and my mother was going through one. Although I was also grieving, mamma's grief was much worse than mine - she had lost her mate.

I stared at him and noticed he looked taller than usual in his tuxedo. He was training to become a warrior and it had been days since we had last spoken. We weren't extremely close, but we silently agreed on what we were - we were brothers in our mother's eyes. I had to be there for him when he needed me. But a situation like that had never arose, yet.

"Alpha, we need to move quickly" said Brandon, breaking me out of my trance.

I nodded and started pacing towards the door.

If the scene inside was beautiful, then the what was waiting for my outside was enthralling. The wide lawn was lit with dim lights, with a sprawling white tent spread over hundreds of tables across the lawn. I stared at it agape.

How did they put this together so quickly?

"I wonder what will happen when you see the Luna walking that aisle."

I turned my head to see Brandon looking at me with a smug expression. Shaking my head, I tried to suppress the urge to blush at the thought of Athie.