Chapter 16

A/N: Here is an early update. An attempt to increase the frequency of updates.

Lucas's POV

Dinner was unpleasant.

Mamma sat at the head of the table with Ariana, Brandon and I flanking her.

Uncomfortable silence had engulfed the air.

You told her, didn't you? I scolded Ariana through the mind-link.

Of course not genius, I didn't want her to worry mind-linked Ari meeting my gaze.

Then how did sh-

"Stop mind-linking" said my mother in a stern voice.

I sighed. Only a confrontation would tell me how did she get to know about it.

"Mamma, I was planning on telling you about it, but I did not want you to worry."

C L I N K

She dropped her silverware on the plate and looked at me in the eye.

"Two years back when your father came home wounded, I was on his side the whole time. I watched my mate, the love of my life die a slow death. I knew he was in pain and he needed me, but I was by his side every minute, holding and consoling him that everything will be fine. I did not shed one tear. We all knew that nothing would be the same again, but I was there Luca."

I cupped my face into my palms avoiding her gaze.

"I got to know about the incident from Dr. Mallard. He told me that Nathaniel was shot. I was of course worried but then you never informed me."

Damn. Dr. Mallard from the Camp.

"But what is gone is gone. I am expecting honesty from now on. Be honest with me Luca. That is all I want."

I gulped and nodded. All I didn't want was her to worry.

My mother was indeed a strong lady, but how would I tell her I had already found my mate?

===

My day was already overwhelming as I settled into bed. Lying down for the day, my heart ached for Athie.

I missed her curvy features, piercing eyes and the sexy thighs. Oh, those thighs.

I really needed a cold shower.

Or you need a run said Leon.

Considering it to be a good idea, I ran out of the house.

Jogging to the green pasture, I saw my cousin David at a distance.

"Hey David."

"Hello Alpha."

"Oh don't be so formal, there is nobody around now" I smiled.

"Hi Luca" he smiled, "here for a run?"

I nodded and we started undressing. We as werewolves were comfortable being naked around each other. Plus, he's family.

Race till the oak tree?  he mind-linked.

We're so on I mind-linked right back, dashing into the forest in my wolf form.

===