Chapter 18

A/N: Not edited. Ignore errors and typos.

Lucas's POV

After tossing and turning myself to sleep last night, my eyes finally opened.

My eyes went to the alarm clock beside my bed.

6 : 0 0 A M

Training would start in an hour.

This morning I would see my mate train.
I could already feel myself drooling imagining her sexy features.

Last night the run didn't help, instead I had to seek release under a cold shower. Stroking myself imagining her was the best feeling ever. I wondered what would it be like having her under me.

My already erect member was now excited.

No, not now little Luca.

Pushing the thought of my sexy mate to the back of my head, I got down to the floor to do push-ups.

===

Around 6.30 am I found myself at mamma's house. After dad's death, she had moved out of the Alpha house to stay with my aunt Elena who was also David's mother.

I was not expecting forgiveness, but instead I just wanted her to know I was there if she needed me.

"Buongiorno mamma."

"Buongiorno mio figlio" she said, pouring the smoothie into a glass.

"Would you like some?"

I nodded my head.

She kept the glass on the counter and walked about the kitchen making coffee.

I picked up the glass and started drinking the smoothie she had made, observing her working on the coffee machine.

Suddenly my cell phone started ringing. I looked at the phone screen.

Beta Jared Midnight Pack

"Hello Jared" I said picking it up.

"Good morning Alpha Lucas. Alpha Nathan has woken up. Dr. Mallard said we can go home today. We are going back today afternoon."

"That is great news Jared! Tell Nathan to not stress too much and take care. If you need any help please let me know. We will be there in your pack lands tomorrow morning."

"Thank you Alpha Lucas, I will convey your regards. Will let my boss know you will be visiting tomorrow. I must go now."

"Thank you Jared, bye."

I cut the call and turned to mamma who was working on the coffee beans.

"Mamma, Nathan has woken up. Will be going to the Midnight pack tomorrow."

"That's great news! Poor boy! I will call his mother and talk to her a bit, give her some peace of mind."

I smiled, walking to the door, lost in nostalgia.

Nathan and I were very good friends since kids. Our parents were allies and we went to the same school. After he turned eighteen, his father had willfully passed down the Alpha title to him and his parents were now living a comfortable life away from the pack business.

My thoughts went to the days when we were in school, all of us, the kids of Alphas, Betas and Deltas hanging around the cafeteria. We knew we were privileged and we did not leave any opportunity to show it.

Nathan and I were quite popular and we enjoyed a lot of attention from the girls. But Nathan enjoyed it from one girl in particular - Cassidy Hendricks. He never admitted it, however, we all knew that he was in love. We were too young to have mates, but nobody could un-see the way Nathan looked at her. However, something went down such that she was banned from the pack and he never spoke about her ever again. But we all knew that he loved her - mate or not.

My thoughts went to Cass being around Nathan at the Camp. Would they bump into each other? What would the futu-

Alpha, where are you? We are all at the training ground said Brandon through the mind-link.

Shit. I was late for training, I was never late for training. My mate was present on the grounds today!

Coming! I shouted though the link.

I started running towards the ground looking forward to get a glimpse of my mate.

===