Chapter 49

Athena's POV

"I've already asked Ariana to transfer your stuff to my room."

I swiveled my neck to see Lucas who was still waving at the pack members that were making their way back to their pack houses. The time was half past eleven in the night, and the festivities had died down. My mate and I were standing in front of the Alpha House, waving thanks and goodbyes to everyone who had attended.

"So, is it time?" I asked, in an obvious tone.

"Time for what babe?"

"Time for me to move in with you."

Lucas brought his hand down and turned to me.

"You are the Luna Warrior now, my mate, and after the ceremony it is expected that mates move in with each other" he said, trying not to freak out.

I tried to stifle a giggle at my mate's expression. Of course I knew this day would come, I mean, who would not want to move in with their mate? But then, there were other things bothering me. Turning my body towards him, I placed my palm at the back of his neck.

"Luca, that is not what I meant, I want to move in with you, you are the love of my life, but..."

"But?"

"But I am not ready to mate, not yet" I said, in a small tone.

I could hear a breath of relief.

"Of course Athie, I know you are not ready. And I am not going to push you into anything you don't like, okay?"

A blush took over my face. Honestly, now that this conversation was over with, I was happy, not that I expected any different answer.

"I love you Luca" I said, pulling his head closer to mine.

"I love you Athie" he said, meeting my lips.

===

"Tomorrow is going to be a really long day" said Luca, dropping the duffel bag on the floor of the Alpha suite.

"Why?" I said, observing the room I had just stepped into.

 In the center of the room was a king size bed with a white sheet and a grey duvet. A night lamp stood on a white bed-side table beside it. The room had a comfortable chair by the bed and a chest of drawers along with a walk-in closet. There was also a full-length mirror in the corner of the room. The style of the room was minimal and simplistic, but it looked much better than my earlier one.

"The members of the Midnight pack will be here to discuss the hunter attacks. We need to learn how to counter them and take the group down."

I looked up in surprise.

"Who all would be visiting?"

"Alpha Nathan, his Beta Jared, their Head Warrior Dylan and tech specialist Jeremy Landon."

My ears perked up at this information. A small smile formed on my face, happy that this was the first time I was being involved in pack matters.

"What time?" I asked, walking towards the full-length mirror, trying to undo the strap of my sling.

"Nine in the morning" said Lucas, turning towards me, "let me help you with that babe."

He stood behind me, his calloused palms wrapped around my upper torso. Sparks rushed through my body while he tried to open the strap, finally removing the sling from my arm. His knuckles brushed around the wound on my shoulder that was healing at a good pace. Maybe in two more days, I could walk sling-free.

"I am sorry Athie" he mumbled, and I felt a rush of guilt spring through me.

We are feeling it because of our mate. He still blames himself for the attack whined Acacia.

"Don't Luca, I know you feel guilty, but please, I...I love you a lot and don't like the guilt emanating from you."

A sad smile took over his face.

"You feel it, huh?"

"I do" I said, resting my head on his chest.

"I swear Athie, no matter what I will protect you, even if you say don't need it."

"I know Luca, I know."

Comfortable silence surrounded us and I stood engulfed in his arms for a very long time. After what felt like an eternity, Luca finally spoke.

"I need your help, actually, Alpha Nathan needs your help."

My ears perked up. Lifting my head,  I looked at my mate, who had a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"What does Alpha Nathan want?" I said, placing my palms on his chest.

"He wants his mate Cassidy Hendricks, and he has enlisted your help."

===