CHAPTER 13

Maya's POV

I could feel someone lifting me up and then putting me on bed.I tried to open my eyes but my eyelids got more heavy minute by minute and then went to deep slumber.

I felt something soft underneath me ,making me melt into its softness.I harshly rubbed my eyes to make them open.I slowly opened them and found myself on the bed.My eyes wandered to clock.It was freaking 11 am.Zain would be angry.I quickly lifted duvet off from me and ran to washroom to get fresh. After doing my business I went downstairs and looked around house to find Zain but he was nowhere.

I took some milk and pour it into glass. I gulped it down painfully. My neck was still paining. After drinking, I started doing household chores. After washing some clothes, I  made dinner for Zain.

It was 10 o'clock when I heard the honk of Zain's car. I quickly went down to open door for him but deep down I was scared that he might be angry. Despite all of these fears I opened the door. He looked at me from top to bottom. I shivered under his his stare.

"Are you now okay?" Zain asked still looking at me.I gave him a small nod.

"Good! I'm gonna get fresh." He said.

He went to room. I released the breath. He was not angry and he asked about me. That was a good sign. I heated his dinner and was setting it on table when he came and sat down on chair. He started eating dinner. I quietly went to room to offer my Isha prayer. I went down only to see Zain talking to someone on phone. He was shouting on someone. He looked at me and quickly cut the call. I started cleaning the table. He went to room and again I could hear his shouting. I finished washing plates when I heard him calling me .I quickly ran to room .

"Yes," I said while catching my breath.

"Why this shirt is not washed?"He asked with rage dripping from his each word. It was only shirt which I didn't wash because it's colour was white and I didn't want it to catch colours of other t-shirts.

"Za..Zain, it's...I mean.. th..this,"  I was scared to say a word.

"What I ,This stupid woman? I was being lenient to you and now look what have you done?" He said with pure rage.

" Ple...please...I'll wa..wash it now,gi..give me."I said with my pale voice.He throwed the short on my face and took out all his clothes from his cupboards and throwed them to my face.

"Wash these all clothes right now." He said angrily. My eyes widened.

"All these clothes?" I asked surprised. In these clothes, I had already washed half of them today. He came closer to me and took my hairs in his fist and pulled them. A small shriek was going to left my mouth but it died in my mouth seeing his raging eyes.

"Do you have any problem babe?" His nose was touching my tip of nose.I closed my eyes , enduring pain I shook my head indicating no.

"Good for you." He said and left my hair.

I took all clothes to washing area to put them in machine. He was following me. I took white shirts and opened the lid of washing machine when he took a hold of my hand and made me face him.

"Who told you to wash these clothes in machine huh?" He said looking in my eyes.

"Then," I asked confusingly. He smirked.

"Go and wash them with your these hands, babe." My eyes widened . Was he for real? I was already sick.

"Zain?" I was shocked.

"What?" He asked nonchalantly.

I shook my head and started washing clothes with my hands. It was a heap of clothes.I washed each of them. Zain had already went to room. It took me four hours to wash that heap of clothes. It was 3:00 am. I walked tiredly in room, all wet. I quickly took a shower. When I came out it was fajr time .I offered my prayers. Zain was already sleeping. I prostrate to Allah. Only tears were coming out from my eyes .I didn't speak a word . I knew he was listening all things even I couldn't say a word. He is Almighty. He knows everything. My tears are enough to let him know about my pains.
I didn't know for how longI was in prostration. When my whole energy was died out , I stood up and took a pillow and quilt from cupboard to sleep on cold floor.My whole body was shivering. I was exhausted as soon as I put the head on pillow. I was drowned into my dreams where I was away from this harsh reality.