Chapter 33

Rohaan's POV (Surprise)

"Yeah, you..." I said teasing her. Her blushed cheeks were enough to make me go crazy after her. Her small smile and lowering eyes were not either helping.

I still remembered the day when those aunties had said mean things to her and she cried out in car, forcing me to leave her hand. To be honest I was surprised I hadn't held any girl hand except mama and Izzah's for years. And last time I remember it was Maya whose hand I held when I was 14 and she was 11. I had taken her to ice cream parlour. I still remember that day when I realized that I was falling for 11 years girl.

We had came to khala's house as she had invited us for family dinner. It was Saturday and I didn't had college tomorrow so I just tagged along with them. I played some video games with Ammar and then Izzah challenged Ammar to play that video game with her. She was so confident that she would win. Ammar innocently accepted the challenge and when game started then Izzah hit him on arm, he yelped and lost his focus making Izzah successful in challenge as she won.

"Why did you hit me?" Ammar asked looking at her.

"Oh, there was mosquito so I tried to hit it not you." Izzah said feigning innoncence.

What surprised me the most was Ammar gave her understanding nod and innocently said thank you to her. Allah! He was totally a sweet person, girls would definitely be swooning over him. Then they again started playing. I just shook my head at them.

Then the most beautiful voice reached my ears. Maya was holding hamail's hand. She was talking sweetly with hamail saying that she would definitely bring some chocolates for her from school at which hamail gave her big smile and earned Maya's hug. She placed Hamail on sofa and looked at frustrated Izzah and calm Ammar. It was obvious that Ammar was winning effortlessly and Izzah didn't have any other thing to do to make him loose. I could see Maya grimacing. She never liked video games. I still don't know why. Then she looked at me. I was already looking at her, I gave her a small smile and got a scowl from her. I raised my eyebrows in question.

"I want to eat ice cream and you are not even asking. How bad it is." She said while throwing her hands up exaggerating her emotions. I chuckled at her. She didn't even ask so how would I know but I simply pulled her on my lap as I was sitting on sofa. It was common for me to make her sit on my lap but that was 2 years ago but I didn't mind now too.

"You want to eat ice cream right? But you have to give me a kiss on cheek then I will take you." I said looking at her. In a second she kissed my both cheeks and gave me hug.

"I have given you kiss and hug, now you will take me na alone?" She asked. I nodded at her. I took her small hands in mine and we walked towards ice cream parlour. I just announced in hall that I and Maya were going to eat ice cream and Mom said to be back before 10.

When we went inside her favourite ice cream parlour I made her sit on seat and ordered her favourite ice cream. Even though she liked chocolate chip ice cream but she always eat half of my vanilla ice cream. But I never mind I was happy sharing my things with her even though I never allowed anyone else not even mom could eat my ice cream cause next thing I would do was give whole ice cream to her, not eating single bite of it again. But it was different with Maya and I never knew why.

"Why you wanted to come alone with me?" I asked looking at her suspiciously.

"Aan! What is marriage?" She asked innocently while licking the spoon full with ice cream. Aan was my nickbame that only she was allowed to say.

"I-It's.." I sighed. How could I explain this to her. She was looking at me expectantly to give her answer of her questions.

"Marriage is a sacred thing you know like between man and woman. By Allah's will a man and woman do nikkah and they live together, they try to understand each other and they try to live happily. They to find solace in each other arms and they try to love each other. They..." I sighed I was trying to make 11 years old understand the concept of marriage. Seriously! She couldn't even understand. Even though she should know about this marriage concept , God! She is 11. Is she teasing me? Whatever the reason was, I still tried to make her understand all of this.