CHAPTER 22

Maya's POV

I spent my day thinking about the proposal. I didn't go out because I was afraid that maa would ask about my decision and I was still not ready to accept the proposal. I was still confused and I was not ready to take this step. Marrying someone when you don't know how they feel about you is not easy. But deep down I know that he had seen me crying yesterday night it could be that he started pitying me and just said to maa all that because he wanted to take their burden away. I know that I wasn't a burden on my parents but there was a little bit sadness in my heart that they had to endure these pains with me. I was drowned in sentiments when a knock on door interrupted my thoughts.

"Princess, are you okay? Why are you sitting like this? Someone said something to you? Tell me?" Ammar asked while taking a seat beside me. I smiled at his care, he wasn't the same Ammar who would tease me and hamail every second. After Zain's one incident he had became too much protective for us.

"I'm okay." I gave him a small smile even though I wanted to tell him about this marriage proposal.

"So, what have you thought about proposal. You know about Rohaan." He asked nervously. My jaw hit the ground. He knew it? What are you saying girl he definitely know about it.

"Whatever your decision is, just remember we will be always with you. If you don't want to marry him then don't but just say that to me I will handle further. You don't have to worry about anything else. Okay?" He said and kissed my forehead.

I don't know how to thank Allah so much that he has given me great brother.

"Come, lets go downstair. Maa actually asked me to call you for dinner." said Ammar while smiling at me.

The one thing I know for sure is that now I don't have to get afraid of consequence of my decision.

We went downstairs, all eyes were on me and I knew that they wanted an answer. I took a seat beside Ammar and looked at baba. Ya Allah! Help me out.

"I-I'm ready for this marriage." I said and a loud hooting sound could be heard from hamail. A sigh of relief from my parents and a soft smile from my brother. I could see their happiness, this is what I wanted. Ammar offered to get us ice cream as a treat of great decision made by me. We went to ice cream parlour and enjoyed the rest of night watching movies and I loved the JOKER movie the most.

In morning, maa called khala and gave her consent for marriage. After that hamail talked to Izzah and I could heard her shouting like how she would buy this dress and that dress. Baba also asked me about my decision tenth time just to be satisfied that this decision was made by me not under the pressure of maa.But deep down I was still afraid of this marriage. I didn't want to get broken again but seeing everyone happy was my first priority right now.

After 1 week khala came and put a ring around my finger, making me of his son. Engagement was small but still elegant.Ammar and Izzah made every possible thing to make this engagement beautiful and memorable for me.

Then it was decided that after a month I would be married to him. Maa and hamail started shopping and Ammar and baba made arrangements for wedding. I wanted a simple nikkah but I was afraid to say anything. Rohaan was only son of khala and I knew how much she had dreamt about his son's wedding and I didn't want to ruin her dreams and charms of her son's wedding.

I was sitting at couch when a doorbell rang , I stood up and took my dupatta and rushed outside to open a door. As soon as I opened, my breath hitched and I wanted to close the door on his face but keeping myself calm I told rohaan that no one was at home.

"I know , I wanted to talk to you." He said nonchalantly.

"Please Rohaan, no one is at home. If someone saw us then it would be a great problem." My voice was low and it showed the hint of fear I had.

"Are you okay with this marriage? I never got the chance of asking you." He said looking deeply at me.I shivered under his stare.

I simply nodded and closed the door. Although his lips moved and I knew that he wanted to say something but I couldn't afford this much. He was still na mahram for me even though we were engaged. I was also afraid that he might hurt me. I know not physically but mentally or gave me pain in heart saying that he never wanted this marriage. I already knew this was all khala's wish not his and I was also helpless in this thing. I wanted everyone happiness and I know he also wanted the same. We both were on the same ship , we both wanted our family happiness.

A/N
Assalam o alikum beautiful people!

Share your thoughts.....
How many of you had seen joker movie?
Any guesses, what's next?

Until then, Take Care ❤️❤️❤️