CHAPTER 27

Maya's POV

After a makeup and pulling of my hairs into bun and putting on hijab whose pins were killing me, I was ready according to parlour girl. I smiled at her gently then Izzah called Rohaan to pick us up from here. Rohaan came there after 20 min. As we went out he was talking to someone on phone, our eyes met and a gasped could be heard from him. Izzah quickly went to him and closed his mouth.

"I know , I know she is looking beautiful but please close your mouth I don't want the mosquito to get in your mouth and die." Izzah said and then chuckled. If glares could kill then she would be definitely under earth.

She quickly opened the door of backseat and sat inside the car. He opened the front door of car for me. Before I could get in, he hold my hand and kissed my knuckles and complimented me. I blushed and he helped me to get in the car. Izzah's tease full sounds we're reaching our ears but Rohaan totally ignored her and stick his tongue out at her. She did the same.

We reached at our destination and he opened the door for me and helped me in getting out of car. Flashes of camera were blinding our eyes. I knew it was media as the nikkah was done in a simple way but then media somehow get there and news spread that today is Walimah of CEO of  Khan's industry. Rohaan is respectful business man of country.I clutched his arm hard. He put a hand on my waist and pulled me more into him. I lowered my eyes but I could feel his head held up and he was walking with pride and elegance. Bodyguards were controlling the media. Different questions were thrown at us.

'How you guys met?'

'How he has broken the hearts of many girls' and many more questions were there for us. He completely ignored them and held me close to him.

We reached inside the hall and everything spoke about money and elegance. All family members came forward and helped us to get on stage. After sometime Rohaan went to give company to his business partners and all other family members were with guests.

One of the aunt from Rohan's side came to me and sat with me. I said Salam to her, she replied and looked at me weirdly, I lowered my eyes and didn't question her.

"You are the same girl who got divorce and your husband has affair with your cousin right?" She asked. I lowered my eyes in shame and a stinging pain was left in my heart. Before I could say a word, she started bragging about her daughter 'Esha'.

"You know Rohaan and Esha were going to get engaged but you know then your divorce made his mother think about you and we also had no problem as they were helping you know a di-divorcee, my Esha is golden-hearted girl. Rohaan liked her very much due to her good nature and she is too much beautiful more than you but his mother was the one who wanted to help a helpless girl like you, you know this."

All these things broke me in pieces, I was looking down in shame. I didn't know, was I lowering my eyes due to shame about the fact that I was not beautiful or the fact Rohaan had to marry a helpless girl due to his mother and it seemed that I had taken away his happiness. I knew I was not a beautiful girl out there, I was not  beautiful and I still remember people calling Alisha beautiful and she almost had all boys on her feets in university.

The woman stood up and went down the stage. A lone tears escaped from my eyes, I felt the sofa dipped down, I quickly wiped the tears and dipped my face more.

"Are you okay?" Rohaan asked. I nodded.

""You don't look good." He said , before I could give a response , khala came and told us that it was time to leave.

We went home and I quickly rushed to washroom, not wanting him to know about my feelings. I took a long relaxing shower and did ablution. I came outside only to find him waiting for me for prayers. His hairs were wet and drops of water were trickling down his neck. I quickly lowered my eyes and wrapped a shawl around my head. He lead me in prayer and we prayed Isha together.

After praying Isha , without wasting a second I laid down at the farthest corner of bed just to get away from him. I had already given him too much pain.He had to marry me because of Khala and he liked that girl Esha too much, I was the reason he couldn't get his happiness. I was feeling like a villain in their story.

I felt the bed dipped and the lamp were gone out of light as he pulled the button up of lamp's switch. After a hour or so I could feel his heavy breaths and I thought he had slept. Tears escaped from my eyes, I know I was the cause of his miseries, he was just standing here with me to make his parents happy, I was doing the same but at the same time I want this marriage to work and nobody pressurized me too much to marry him. But he didn't even get the chance to marry according to his wish. Esha was truly a beautiful girl, any men wanted to marry her like Zain and Rohaan wanted to marry Alisha  and Esha and I wasn't  beautiful and pretty and did not have fair complexion like her and Alisha.

A hand escaped from behind and he wrapped his arm around my waist. A gasp left my mouth, I thought he was sleeping. He pulled closer to him, and for the first time I snuggled into his chest and wiped my tears.

"Why are you crying? Does someone said something to you?" he asked softly. I shook my head in no, and snuggled more into him ,hoping he understand it that I did not want to talk about this. And surprisingly he did and kissed me in my hairs gently and pulled me into him.

This night too I slept in his arms, I felt safe from all those horrible words thrown at me  and nightmares.

A/N
Assalam o Alikum beautiful people...

Share your thoughts because they are precious and important for me....

Until next chapter, Take Care❤️❤️❤️