CHAPTER 15

I never realised I slept on the cold floor while crying my heart out. After some hours of sleep I got up from the cold floor still feeling myself out of energy. My hands were not too much paining. I went to kitchen and took some ice cubes from refrigerator. I slowly rubbed ice cubes on my burnt hand. I endured all the pain and tried not to cry. But my whole face was already wet from crying and tears were nowhere in my control. Even how much I tried to stop them. Then I applied some ointment on it. I was putting the ointment back when I heard home telephone was ringing. I quickly brought the receiver to my ears .

"Assalam o Alikum , my beautiful daughter. How are you?" I quickly recognized the voice. It was the voice of Alisha's mother.

"Wa alikum salam aunty, Alhamdullillah I am fine . Tell me about your health?" I asked her softly.

" I am not fine, my daughter! I need to talk to you. We are coming to your house. Is it okay for you?" She asked me.For a minute I thought to make excuse as I did not want her to look at me in this condition. But I stopped, Alisha would come I would share my problems with her.

" Aunty this is your home too, you don't have to ask me. Please come I'll be waiting for you people." I said her softly.

" Oh thank you my daughter! We will be there in 3 hours. Don't make anything " she said me sternly but I could not let them go from house without dinner.

I made dinner for them and also made some muffins as Zain and Alisha both liked it very much.

Zain!

I haven't told him about their arrival. I rushed toward the phone and dialed his number. I was going to put the receiver back when I heard his voice.

"What do you want?" He asked angrily.

"Za-Zain, Alisha's family is coming for dinner." I told him in one breath. Surprisingly he was not mad he even told me that he would come early.
I quickly took a shower and wore a simple dress. I applied concealer to hide dark circles lying underneath my eyes. I also applied concealer on my hand to also hide my burnt hand. I was becoming good at hiding things from my loved ones. I applied a little makeup to look presentable. I heard a bell ringing. I rushed to open a door. As soon as I opened the door, Alisha jumped on me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her more tightly, I wanted this hug. She pulled back and gave me a cheerful smile.

"How are you my my pumpkin?" She asked enthusiastically.

" Alhamdullillah! I am fine. How are you my little teddy?" I asked her in same manner.

" First of all I am not little and secondly I am not teddy, look ! I am the great Alisha. Last but not least I am cute and better than you." She said while showing me her tongue. I rolled my eyes at her childish behaviour.

" Alisha! At least let us meet her." Her mother said her while laughing on us.

"Yeah yeah! You meet your beautiful daughter , you act like parents of her more than mine." She said nonchalantly. Aunty rolled her eyes at her and then both uncle and aunty greeted me.

We sat down and talked for a bit when we heard the Zain's car honk. I got up to open door but Alisha told me that she would get it. I sat down with her parents. After a while Zain and Alisha came inside smiling.Alhamdullillah! Zain was smiling. It means that evening would be okay. Alisha's charm really work on everyone. She could change mood of any person. He greeted Alisha's parent humbly and calmly. Then he went to get fresh.

Alisha helped me in setting table and then Zain also came down. We started eating dinner. Uncle and aunty complimented my cooking skills. They said that this all I got from my other. Even though my brother Ammar would always taunt me about my cooking skills.

I miss them!

After eating dinner, I cleaned the table and made some tea. Meanwhile, everyone was sitting outside, in garden. Zain was giving them company. Alisha came inside as I was pouring tea in cups. I told her to bring muffins . As soon as she heard muffins she hugged me tightly and started chanting about how I was so good to make muffins and blah blah . She always make me smile. I took the tea out and served it. After a while Zain excused us and went inside.

"Aunty you told me that you need to talk to me. Is everything fine?" I asked her with concern in my voice.

"No my daughter, it's not fine. I have told Alisha many times to get married but this girl never listen to me. I am a mother, I am concerned about her future. Look! You are also happy with your husband. Just tell her na that she should get marry fastly. There is one proposal but this girl is not listening to me. Say her na, I know she will listen to you."

If only she knew how I am living married life.

I told her that I would talk to Alisha . Then I went inside to see Alisha, she still had not brought the muffins outside. As I came near the kitchen door, my whole world crashed down.
My hu-husband and my best f-friend were ho-holding each other too close. No ! You shouldn't jump to conclusions. I was going to say a word when Alisha said quietly and sternly

"Sweetheart! My parents are looking an eligible proposal for me. What are we going to do? I am tired of saying no to them but they are not listening to me. You better hurry up or face the consequence."

"Don't just don't even say a word about leaving me. Do you understand? You know I love you , I am looking for a way to get rid of your so called cousin. Believe me baby, I want to get rid of that ugly problematic girl." Zain said with a disgust in his voice.

"Do anything and get rid of her." My so called best friend said to my so called husband.

I trembled , my whole body was shaking . Tears were leaking from my eyes shattering my soul into pieces . I hid myself behind the wall when they went out in garden. I ran towards washroom and washed my face. Tears were not stopping , I started splashing cold water on my face harshly. I was so stupid thinking Alisha was helping me in securing my marriage . I was so stupid to always believe them . I was stupid , stupid , stupid I-I .
My whole body trembled and I throwed myself on floor. I cried and cried until I heard a knock on door. It was Alisha calling me outside.

A/N
Share your thoughts....
What she will do now?
Your questions will be answered. Insha Allah

Until next chapter, Take Care❤️❤️