CHAPTER 25

Maya's POV

After supplication, he folded his mat prayer and I folded mine. He took the prayers mat from me and went in the closet room to put it in its place. I looked around, where will I sleep was the only question arousing my mind. What if he did not want me to sleep on bed? I know he had been good to me but does it allow me to sleep beside him? What if he wanted me to sleep on floor like Zain wa....

Stop!! Sleep on couch girl!

I sighed and took one pillow from bed and put it on couch. In the meantime, Rohaan came out from closet and looked at me. I ignored his stare and looked around to get quilt or something to keep me warm because it was a little bit cold. When I couldn't find anything I sat on couch. His look was making me shiver on my place.

"What are you doing ?" He asked me and sat beside me on couch.

"If you don't want to sleep with me that's okay but please sleep on bed I'll take the couch." He said while looking down. My eyes widened and a gasp left my mouth. I didn't want to hurt him and he looked somehow hurt.

"I-I thought you w-will not like it. I m-mean if I will s-sleep beside you." I said while looking down. I was afraid to hurt him or make him angry at me.

"Why will I... okay listen to me , Maya you are my wife you are not some other person who cannot sleep with me. Your place is beside me not behind me. Are you getting that ?" He said gently to me.

To be honest I was shocked to hear this. I truly gaped at him. I looked at him and the only thing I could find in his ocean blue eyes was respect and this was the only thing I needed in my life right now. I was afraid of him but his words were making me feel more safe and secure.

"Now, get up and come to bed." He said

He took the pillow from couch to bed and settled it there on it's place. I walked to bed and laid down at the farthest corner of bed to not take away his personal space or something. He turned off the light before laying on bed. I didn't know when I dozed off.

Ting tong!!

  The bell rang and I could hear my heat pounding. My whole body was trembling in fear. No , not now.

Blood was running out of my mouth and nose. My whole body was marked with belt or hand prints were there on my face and arms. I need to hide before he come inside.

Ting tong!!!

I couldn't breathe. I ran and hide behind the couch. No,no,no,no I could hear the humbling of keys and door being opened. I pressed my hand on my mouth tightly to stop my hiccups. Tears were not leaving my eyes for a second.

"Babe!! Where are you?" He asked while pacing in room.

"Oh! Playing hide and seek. What are we five? But ,you know I love playing games with you." Zain said in dangerous manner making me shiver in my place. My heart was in my mouth. I was struggling with keeping up my breaths and tears. Suddenly his steps stop, I thought he had gone outside . I released a breath and tried to get up to see where he had gone.

Suddenly a hand gripped my arm forcefully and I screamed on the top of my lungs.

"Caught ya !!"

"Maya Maya!! Wake up" I heard Rohaan voice and could feel a hand on my mouth. I opened my eyes quickly and Rohaan took his hand away from my mouth. I took long breaths to grasp some air. My heart was pounding and head feels heavy like someone was banging it on wall.

"Calm down! Calm down. Everything is fine." Rohaan said with concerned voice.

After a short while I came to my senses, I looked at him. Worry was evident on his face. I averted my eyes as fast as possible to save my embarrassed self. Tears clouded my eyes and trickled down on my cheeks. I hate this. These nightmares hadn't stopped after divorce. But every night it was only me enduring alone this pain but this time Rohaan was here. This was the reason I didn't want to marry. He was worried beacause of me.

"Hey! Don't cry. Everything will be alright. I am here with you." He said softly.

His hand cupped my face gently. He wiped tears from my face and made me looked at him. A hiccup left my mouth. His lips touched my forehead making me feel safe. I fisted his shirt tightly, holding him close to me. He backed away a little and again made me looked at him.

"Was it too much bad? I mean you were screaming so not wanting to wake other I you know put my h-hand on your mouth. You looked in pain so I called your name to wake you up." He said a little embarrassed to put his on mouth. I just looked down and nodded my head.

"Do you want water or something?" I shook my head indicating no to him.

"Come over here then, try to sleep." He said and made me lay down on bed. After laying down he pulled me closer to him, my head was on his chest and his arms were wrapped around my waist. He kissed in my hair and put his chin on the top of my head. I hugged him tighter and feeling safe , my eyelids got heavy . I closed my eyes and went to deep slumber and this time there were no nightmares.

A/N
Assalam o alikum beautiful people!

Share your thoughts....
Do tell me about your thoughts on her nightmare and Rohaan's care.

Until next chapter, Take Care ❤️❤️❤️