CHAPTER 24

Maya's POV

We went home after a while. Everyone was still up even though it was quite late. Khala asked us to eat something but I kindly refused as I was already full because maa had made me eat too much before nikkah. Rohaan also refused, I wonder if it was because of me. Izzah was constantly saying that if we wouldn't do three important rituals then we were not allowed to go inside the room. Firstly Rohaan refused but then Izzah's constantly nagging made him accept what she wanted.

She and her cousins brought a big bowl of milk, petals of rose flower was lying on it making it more stand out and beautiful. They put it on the table and made us sit on the sofa.

"Now, listen to me, there is a ring inside and you have to take it out. Whoever take it out first , he will be the one ruling on other. Got it?" She said in one breath not wanting to explain again.

Khala and uncle even Izzah took my side leaving Rohaan alone. Rohaan's cousin were with him.

"Oh! So you guys are going to take her side. Okay okay, no problem, see everyone know that I will win." Rohaan said looking to his family.

"My son! Even if you win this game the rule will always be followed of wife. You can't do anything to change it." Uncle said to Rohaan in a deep sorrow voice which resulted in a elbow in his stomach from khala. Everyone around laughed.

We started the game. I moved my hands here and there to find a ring , our hands brushed with each other. The big bowl seemed to be small after his hands brushed with mine. One time, second time again and again he was brushing his hands with mine just to make me more nervous than I already was. My whole body did tense up due to his touch but I composed my self completely.

From one side there was chanting of his family for me. They were trying to give me confidence and Rohaan cousins were giving him confidence. He suddenly gripped my hand , my eyes widened. He looked at me and smirked, it's cheating. Before I could say it aloud which I knew I couldn't, he handed over a ring to me. I looked at him stunned. He smiled and my heart skipped a beat. I slowly took the ring out and showed it to everyone while looking down. Izzah hugged me tightly and showed her tongue to Rohaan who held his hand up saying that I took the charge on him even in the game too.

We both stood up to go in room but Izzah stopped us and asked Rohaan to take me in room in bridal style. I glared at her light which only she could see but she only winked at me in return. In a second or so I was already in his arm. His cousins were hooting and teasing us.I closed my eyes to save myself from embarrassment, I had fisted his shirt with my left hand. He took me into room and made me sit on bed which was decorated with flowers. I opened my eyes softly only to get lost in his ocean blue eyes.

"Maya my shirt" he said in slow voice near to my ear. I quickly left his shirt and again looked down in embarrassment. He chuckled softly. Izzah came inside and took him outside. I could hear him asking why should he give money to them to go into his room to his wife. After teasing them a lot he gave them the money they wanted.

He came inside and sat down on bed near me. He took out something from his pocket. It was a red velvet box. He opened it and took out a beautiful diamond ring. He took my hands and slid the ring in my finger.

"Do you like it?" He asked while looking deeply at me. I nodded at which he smiled.

"Go and take a shower then we can offer Isha prayer together, if you want." He added last part unsurely. I again nodded and looked around to see my luggage. I couldn't see it anywhere. I tried to get up but without him knowing he was still holding my hand, I looked at him only to which he raised his eyebrow. I hinted him toward our hands with my eyes. He looked at it and gave me a grin then released my hand. I finally found my clothes all arranged in his closet. He came inside closet room and told me that hamail and Izzah had arranged it before our nikkah. I never knew about this.

I took suitable clothes and went to washroom to get a long and relaxing shower. After this long and relaxing shower I came outside with a dupatta on my head. Rohaan looked at me and his mouth was little bit opened in shock. I looked at me to find anything shocking. I hadn't wear anything wrong. It was simple Kurta and pajama.

"You are beautiful." He said .I quickly wrapped dupatta around my head , conscious of myself. I didn't want him to see scars which were still on my neck.

"Sorry I haven't seen you without hijab before." He said after a little pause. I looked at him thinking he might be hurt due to my actions but he was holding a genuine smile on his face. Then he went to washroom to take a shower. I waited for him.

After some time he came outside and brushed his hairs. I had already put prayer mat on the floor. His prayer mat was forward than mine as Islam has told us ,how to offer prayers with your spouse. He gave me a small smile to which I looked down. Every now and then his actions were making me more nervous and conscious about myself.

He lead me in prayers and after offering prayer together, we made supplication for each other and our family and I secretly prayed that Rohaan don't hurt me the way he did.

A/N
Assalam o alikum beautiful people!

Share your thoughts because they are beautiful I know!

Until next chapter, Take Care ❤️❤️❤️