CHAPTER 19

Maya's POV

Today khala was coming with her family. Maa invited them because it was Hamail's birthday. I wore a knitted light pink long sweater with blue jeans and grey scarf. I made lunch and also baked a chocolate cake for my sweet pie. Hamil was looking breath-taking in her blue  jumpsuit, her head covered with black hijab.
As per her wish I took her several photos and she seemed satisfied with my work.

She clicked some photos with every person present in home. But not with Ammar because he wasn't allowing her to take a picture with him. But Hamail wanted to take pictures with him and post it on insta because most of her friends always ogle on him and trust me he hated it.But hamail wanted more likes and more comments(A/N: like me) At last he clicked some pictures with her as she was not leaving him and was complaining how it was her birthday and he was making her sad.

The bell rang and I opened the door . I greeted khala and uncle and then there comes Izzah who hugged me tightly leaving me breathless. I took two minutes to catch my breath while holding door and she went inside laughing. As I caught my breath, I looked up and saw Rohaan bhai was looking at me while smiling, amusement runningin his eyes. I quickly lowered my eyes embarrassingly and said salaam. He responded and went inside. I face- palmed myself and followed him inside. After greetings everyone sat down to eat lunch.

"Khala you have made delicious lunch. Trust me I want to kiss your hands. Ah ! I haven't eaten a single good thing as you know Izzah is making food these days." Rohaan said in a fake gloomy state.

We all laughed as he got a punch from his bold sister. She was really a good puncher as she left him shouting in pain.

"Rohaan, thank you but my son this all is made by Maya not by me." Maa said while laughing.

"Oh! Rohaan now kiss her hands na. Khala trust me I want to kiss your hands." She mimicked his words and pushed him towards me. Everyone laughed at the table.

Rohaan looked at me but as soon as our eyes met, we both looked down embarrassingly.

Izzah!!!

After eating lunch, Hamail and Izzah wanted to go to mall. Elders didn't want to go so we decided to go but I wasn't feeling like going but it was hamail's birthday and I didn't want her to take stress about me. So I went along with plan.

We reached mall , Rohaan bhai and Ammar went to boys section and these two girls,Hamail and Izzah dragged me to girl's section. I only took a long brown coat. Izzah and Hamail were still planning to do more shopping but we dragged them to food section. Trust me they were shopping for at least 5 hours, still they wanted to do more. We ate Chinese food and then we went to park. It was almost empty only some women were strolling around. We were discussing about shopping or I should say listening to these stupid two girls. They were literally telling how they bargained and got these clothes at lesser price and how quality of clothes were too good. I rolled my eyes at them. They were literally something.

Maa called Ammar and told him to come home as it was too late. It was 11:00 pm. We almost had reached the car when I remember that i forgot my bag on bench. I went back to get it. As soon as I saw it on bench I rushed towards it. I picked up a bag and turned around only to get startle by two aunties standing very near to me. I said my Salam to them, these were same aunties that were strolling in garden.

"You are Maya? I heard about your divorce, it was a sad news. I was very worried about you. But you shouldn't have given your cousin too much control on life na. Now look what she has done to you. " First aunt said to me. I looked down embarrassingly, my eyes were clouded by tears.

"Was your cousin too much pretty that your husband left you for her? You should have taken care of yourself. Look at yourself, you look so worn out. We just want to help you and we know what are you enduring but you are divorced woman you shouldn't be hanging around too much. Is your mother seeing any proposal for you? Well you know there is my brother's son, he is like 37 years old and have one son too and he is very wealthy. Ask your mother about this proposal okay?" Second one aunty said to me.

She said Salam to me and went back. I stood there seeing their retreating back, tears leaving from eyes and my heart trying to find solace and peace in this world. I was disgusted with myself, Zain was actually true about me being worthless. I wiped my tears and turned around only to curse my luck.

Rohaan bhai was glaring at the retreating back of that aunties. As soon as his eyes met mine they got soft. I quickly lowered my tears eyes to save myself from embarrassment.

A/N
Assalam o alikum beautiful people!

So share your thoughts.....
Feeling bad for Maya?

Until next chapter, Take Care ❤️❤️