CHAPTER 16

Maya's POV

Alisha was knocking at the door now violently as I was not able to give her response. I gathered myself and put some concealer on my face and hands. Tears were still leaking from my eyes, I rubbed my eyes harshly to get rid of this painful tears. I adjusted my hijab and opened the door slowly.

"What happened girl? Were you crying inside ? Is it about Zain? If it is then my dear friend I have already talked to him. You don't take any tension, he'll be good okay?" She said softly.

I looked deeply in her eyes. If I didn't know this deepest secret then, maybe just then I would have believed her. I quietly nodded my head. She hugged me tightly, I didn't feel like hugging her but still I patted her shoulder.

"Don't take tension just give tension." She said while winking at me. I smiled little just to show her that I was fine now.

We went outside in garden. Uncle and Zain were indulged in talking to each other. As soon as aunty and uncle saw me they got up from chair.
" Children now give us permission to leave." Uncle said while picking keys fro the table.

Aunty gave me a look of 'talk to Alisha right now'. I moved a little back and took hold of Alisha's hand.

"When are you going to marry? I'm waiting for that day, don't make me wait for too long! I want to enjoy it." I said to her with fake enthusiasm.Her eyes widened and I could feel her nervous and Zain was literally glaring me. Now things didn't go unnoticed by me.

"Exactly! I told her the same thing. I am waiting for her wedding. It's the dream of every mother, but this girl doesn't listen to me. Even one proposal came you know! But she rejected it." Aunty said with sadness in her voice.I gave a disappointed look to Alisha.

"Hey! Wait! Don't give me that look.That boy, he wasn't a good one okay?" Alisha quickly told me.

"There was not a single problem in that boy! Oh my Allah! What am I going to do with you?Okay as Maya knows you best so Maya do you have any person in your mind right now?" Aunty said.

"Rohaan ! Yes Rohaan bhai, He will be great for Alisha." I said without thinking. The only thing on my mind was how to save my relationship with Zain and wedding of Alisha would be the only solution.Alisha's eyes widened at just the mere thought of it.

"Rohaan? Yes, I can talk to your mother to ask Rohaan's mother about this proposal. He is a good person and actually quite humble person, he can definitely deal with her tantrums." Aunt said in great enthusiasm. Alisha was shooting daggers towards me and Zain looked angry.

"No, I don't think so that he is a good match for Alisha." Zain said while looking at Alisha's mom.
When aunty raise her eyebrow, he said that how Alisha is different from him, also that they were not compatible for each other.But aunty was not convinced at all. Zain was beyond angry but he was stopping himself to say anything to aunty.

This time I hugged Alisha and told her not to take tension. She only walked off with a huff. Aunty and uncle gave me blessings and then they set off to their home.

I came inside the room when Zain was pacing in room madly. I ignored him and took a quilt and pillow from cupboard. All this time he was looking me intently. Suddenly he barged towards me and tightly hold my arm.

"What are you doing?" I hissed in pain.

"What am I doing? What you were doing huh? Alisha said that she doesn't want to get married then why you all are forcing her?"Zain said with pure rage.