🌹Chapter Six🌹

🌹R O S E🌹

🌹CHAPTER SIX🌹

The nervousness goes through my veins as I stand in the elevator, waiting until it reaches the 26th floor and start the work day with new boss and new employees. I'm only getting used to the place and then new people and a new boss will be there and I don't know to handle it.

However, I have to. This is just the way it is, I can't change it, all I can do is accept and deal with it. The elevator door opens and people are running around with papers and chatting, almost like school hallways. None of them even look my way as I make my way to my office.

I'm twelve minutes early, which is good timing for me. Normally I would be earlier than that, but there was a lot of traffic after an accident that happened somewhere on one of the roads. As soon as I enter my office, I jump out of shock when I notice Mr. Knight sitting on my office chair.

I try to not act surprised, I don't want my new boss to be mad at me or something. "So far, so good" He only says, when he looks at me. His eyes meet mine, and the eye contact is intense but I don't look away from him. His cold eyes hold no emotion of any kind.

He stands up. I don't understand what he means by his words, then again I don't know a lot about him right now. All the information that I researched seems to have disappeared out of my head at this moment. "Ms. Ace. I want you in my office in exactly five minutes. Don't be late" He tells me and stands up and walks into the office connected to mine.

He doesn't give me time to respond. His voice is so cruel and cold. I shake my head at it and sit down at my office chair. I notice that some of my stuff has been moved, meaning he has been here for quite some time and touched things on my desk.

I find that rather uncomfortable, not only that he was in my office, sitting on my office chair but he was also touching and moving the stuff I have. I feel like he has invaded my privacy. I set my purse down at my desk and get ready, then I go over to the door that connects our two offices.

I knock on the door and wait. "Enter" A cold voice calls out. Suddenly, I miss Mr. Selone even more now than I did before and this man isn't making any of this easy. I open the door and enter his office. When I get inside, it's so different from the last time I was here.

I was expecting it to be empty, like Mr. Selone had left it and perhaps few decorations here and there. The walls have been painted jet black and the window wall have blinds over them. If the light weren't turned on, I wouldn't be able to see anything in here.

No decorations on the walls, and his desk is completely empty. The only thing on it are the two computers and few folders that are neatly. He sits professionally by his desk. "What is it, you need, Mr. Knight?" I ask. I stand by the door, just in case I will have to get something in my own office.

"Sit" He orders me. Referring to one of the seats in front of the desk. Two chairs are lines in front of the desk for clients that he's meeting in his office rather than the meeting room. Mr. Selone had this two. I do as he ordered me to do and sit in one of the chairs.

My heart start to race in my chest, I don't know why. My palms are also getting a bit sweaty, I wipe them at my pants. Once I look up, I'm met with his stare at me, it feels like he's making a hole in my head with his stare and I don't like it, I don't like it when he stares at me like that.